Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another customer falls victim to "the Chair" this afternoon.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
The atmosphere in our store is usually pretty relaxed but this guy takes things a little too far!! He's a regular and I have a rocking chair by the coin counter especially for him. I swear, he must have a micro-switch in his butt cause he's usually out in a minute or two once he sits down. I'll be talking with him and all of a sudden he's out like a light!!!

Last week he was in and fell asleep so we made a sign like today and placed a coffee cup with some change from the cash drawer next to the chair. When he woke up he took the change.image

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's your soothing voice image

As I recall I too quickly fell asleep right after speaking to you on the phone...

So heck you might be in the wrong business as you could make a fortune selling DVD's reading stories for infants! imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh, the benefits of a B&M right there! image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    No doubt, someone that suffers from narcolepsy.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years ago, we did something similar to a Co-Worker who fell asleep on Midnites. Changed all of the clocks to five minutes before quitting time. He woke up, shot out the door to the dressing room to change clothes. Someone
    had to stop him before he punched out. We still laugh at that story when it's told.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭
    Looks like "Old Man" in Pawn Stars. and your's looks to be in a pawn shop also. Too funny.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe narcolepsy, maybe untreated sleep apnea. Pretty funny, though
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, coin collecting, the Hobby of Kings.
    We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, now that's better.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always good to make fun of others, at their expense.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poor guy is obviously bored out of his boots.
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    LOL

That is not a coin shop!! No wonder you always have a story to tell.

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i love it...lil fun around the work place
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    That's why you always keep Sharpies on hand.
    "to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for turning that picture, I posted it at work and didn't have a photo program to edit.

That is not a coin shop!! No wonder you always have a story to tell.

believe me, I make none of these stories up and never embellish, the things I post are just what happen in our store every day. and you are correct, it isn't JUST a Coin Shop, we have a nice Jewelry counter and a pretty big Pawn operation with about 10k sq. ft. of floor space. right now there are six cars and one Motorcycle out for sale including a very nice 1955 T-Bird and a '39 Plymouth HotRod that LucyBop would drool over. trust me when I say we hold our own when it comes to coins but they only account for about half of the interesting things that happen.image

here's something else that took place after I posted the "Sleeper" this afternoon. a regular customer came in to look at some $5 Indians and he brought the Gems pictured below. he pans and digs in the Carolina's, Georgia and is part owner of a small claim in Montana. the tray he showed me was mind-blowing, totally unexpected and some of what he has found during his 30 years in this other Hobby. there is some Gold, Rubies, Sapphires, Topaz, Aquamarine and others I can't remember mainly from digging but also from panning. he said he knows an old Gentleman down in North Carolina that cuts/polishes the stones after advising him which are the best to use. he said he's been to Arkansas looking for diamonds but hasn't found anything yet.

just amazing, really.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once they take a seat in my shop I know it's going to be a long story… and a short day image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file