Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1971-S DDO Proof Lincoln FS 101, 102 & 103

please see latest response

Comments

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're definitely not "lumping 102 and 103 together."
    Those two are separate varieties altogether. PCGS, for whatever reason, probably doesn't recognize 103 as it is the most minor.
    FS-102 (the old FS-033) is the most valuable with slightly stronger doubling than FS-101 (formerly FS-032.)

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    You are probably correct but that would surprise me as the fs 103 i have has by far the strongest doubling on Liberty and In God We Trust
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
    Mark,
    Check out COINFACTS for PCGS breakout. The most common variety is the FS101 which PCGS had called FS-032. That is the one I own. The other key variety is the FS102 which PCGS had called FS-033 and is more valuable because less have been certified. The FS103 which apparently is the one you have was identified by PCGS as FS-033.1. It is considered a sub variety and is apparently a third of what some variety Lincoln proof experts say are a total of five doubled die proof varieties of the 1971 series.
    Steveimage
  • Options
    Ahhhh...there it is I was looking under the straight DDO for the variety. That helps - thanks Steve!

After comparing the photos it is a 102 and not a 103 the doubling is much stronger. I would say it is for sure proof 68 red cameo. The fs 101 is also probably 68 red

Thanks for the help the Coneca write up was a bit misleading on this one - God i love coin facts.
  • Options
    Good news!

the 1971-s DDO FS 101 and 102 both graded pcgs proof 68 cameo RD.

They are for sale if anyone is interested PM me.

The fs 102 previous high was 66 cam (2 of them) and 1 66 DC

I also made a 1970-S DDO FS 102 LD/SD 66rd
  • Options
    Great score! I made one of the FS-101's in 66CAM a few years back. 1971S is tough in PF68 anything.

David
  • Options
    Thanks David.

The 101 is real nice but the 102 is wicked cool - love that doubling and technical quality
  • Options
    EthanEthan Posts: 315 ✭✭
    Can someone post some links to some pictures and details on what I would be looking for? I need to go through my many 71 proof sets to look. I have at least two DCAMs I think but did not know what to look for as far as errors.
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

“I want you to remember that no * ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb * die for his country”
  • Options
    I would try a subscription to coinfacts
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can someone post some links to some pictures and details on what I would be looking for? >>

For the 2 big ones look at liberty, these are big and easy to see:

FS-032 1DO-001P on Coppercoins

FS-033 1DO-002P on Coppercoins
    Ed
  • Options
    You can check out the images in my set. I've got the FS-101 and FS-103, but the 103 is difficult to see. I've never gotten around to doing the FS-102.

Proof Varieties

I was hoping to find a buyer or trade for one of the 1968S FS-101 than I have in CAM, but no takers.

David
  • Options
    Perfect! , thanks fellas!

I should be able to see these, especially with a loupe.
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

“I want you to remember that no * ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb * die for his country”
  • Options
    Let us know and good luck these are the first I have found from several thousand sets.
  • Options
    My odd are not good then...I have about 20

• Options
    fuhgettaboutitimage
  • Options
    Lincoln collectors, anybody need a pop 1/0 1971-s Lincoln DDO FS 101 PCGS PR 68 Deep Cameo?

I also have it's little brother in 67 Deep Cameo

or 1971-s Lincoln DDO FS 102 PCGS 67 RD

PM me if interested....but quickly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file