Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

PCGS gift box? since when?

Didn't realize we made these ... why? I've never had a Panda slabbed. Do they all come back in a gift box?

PCGS GIFT BOX for 1oz Silver Panda Coin/Gold Panda.

Hmm picture won't work so here's the link
ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be a product for the overseas market?

(Well, duh, LordM, ya think so? What gave you the hint? Was it the Chinese text? Hmmm...)

Then again, it could be a counterfeit. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool gift box.
    I m with LM. I wonder if it's authorized? image

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I saw another one on eBay, different seller. Then I came across a PCGS letter (looked very official) signifying the First Strike status. Apparently these letters accompanied the coins inside the boxes. Very strange. Perhaps a partnership with the China Mint image

The letter was going for $20 on the Bay. I wonder how easy it would be for a con artist to photocopy ...
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    This is actually an official box that was made when PCGS was first introduced in China. I'm not sure if we still make it over there. You might ask Don for more details.

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is actually an official box that was made when PCGS was first introduced in China. I'm not sure if we still make it over there. You might ask Don for more details. >>

Thanks Phil.
    I would use something like this as gift box; so if I'm giving a non-collector (getting harder to find in my family) a gift (birthyear - holiday - graduation etc.) I would have a nice presentation box instead of just gifting a slab.