Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Good Thoughts & Prayers for Gordie Howe

Although I am a baseball collectoir, I am also a hockey fan.

Just wanted to publicly put forth my prayers and hopes for a recovery to Gordie Howe, who suffered a stroke today
at the age of 86.

Howe is one of the ATGs in his sport. He was the Gretzsky of his day (except they didn't have helmets or protective
face masks when he was in his prime).

I remember seeing him when he came back to play in Hartford with his sons in his late 40s/early 50s.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    I just read about it and immediately came here to PM charrigan. Bummer for wings fans.
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    Yikes. That is horrible. I hope he can recover. One of the best ever. Great guy off the ice. Meet him in person about 20 years ago. Still remember it like it was yesterday.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Wow, very sad. Great guy and good thing he has a lot of family with him. Wish him the best...
  • Options
    Sad. Seems like his health has been steadily declining, with the dementia, the back issue, now the stroke. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to meet him at his last signing ever at DC Sports. He seemed happy - even tried to palm my rookie card - but slowing a bit, for sure. Hope he gets well soon!
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    Got a few things signed at a show here in Houston a few years ago, as well as some items through St. Louis Sports I think when they also had Lindsey - super nice guy, couldn't have asked for better

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got a few things signed at a show here in Houston a few years ago, as well as some items through St. Louis Sports I think when they also had Lindsey - super nice guy, couldn't have asked for better >>

Very nice Howe items bounce! I only have one signed puck...it was a TTM years ago and might be signed by his wife. I'll post pics later.