Home Sports Talk
Options

Better get Bumgarner warmed up...

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
.....as he will most likely see action in game 7.

Comments

• Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    I heard a couple guys talking about that at work tonight. They look at him like kryptoniteimage

I dont know enough about baseball to make an intelligent comment, but the boys at work think
    the Royals can beat anybody that Bumgarner aint pitching for.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read in the news today that Lolich pitched game 7 in the 68 series on 2 days rest. Outpitched Gibson.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

<< <i>Read in the news today that Lolich pitched game 7 in the 68 series on 2 days rest. Outpitched Gibson. >>

Denny McLain pitched (and won) game six on 2 days rest as well.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I could see Bochy using Bumgarner for a key out; the precedent has already been set, when Brenly used Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling out of the bullpen. But you won't see him pitch to more than a batter or two.
  • Options

<< <i>I could see Bochy using Bumgarner for a key out; the precedent has already been set, when Brenly used Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling out of the bullpen. But you won't see him pitch to more than a batter or two. >>

With the game on the line late, he could pitch a couple of innings. Long off season to recover.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Going 117 pitchers for the modern pitcher may be a little much to expect great results in a long relief appearance tonight.....if they really wanted him they should have went three days rest in Game 4 and have him come back again on three days rest for 7.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    mommam17mommam17 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭
    Koufax pitched game 7 in 1965 on 2 days rest. A complete game 3 hitter with 10 k's. Awesome performance, never forgotten by a then, Twins fan......
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All hands on deck tonight.

You'll have all winter to ice down those sore arms.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

<< <i>All hands on deck tonight.

You'll have all winter to ice down those sore arms. >>

Hey...I bowled 6 games yesterday with no rest. And the ball is over 15 pounds heavier. image
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumgarner is now in elite company-Lolich,Koufax,Johnson,Schilling,McLain in regard to WS performances.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    What a performance. Watched the first 6 innings and caught last 3 on the radio.

Announcers kept yapping about how many pitches he was throwing on two days rest. That should not have been the story, this was game 7 for all the marbles. Pitchers throw balls, that is what they do.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Props to Bumgarner. Dude is a stud. By the way did you google Madison Bumgarner wife? Check it out.
  • Options

<< <i>Props to Bumgarner. Dude is a stud. By the way did you google Madison Bumgarner wife? Check it out. >>

She is Kind of average looking. It may serve him well financially in the long run.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But you won't see him pitch to more than a batter or two.

I like pronouncements.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Or 16. image
  • Options

<< <i>Or 16. image >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Props to Bumgarner. Dude is a stud. By the way did you google Madison Bumgarner wife? Check it out. >>

She is Kind of average looking. It may serve him well financially in the long run. >>

Average? You are kind. She is not "average" for a professional athlete's wife.
  • Options

<< <i>Average? You are kind. She is not "average" for a professional athlete's wife. >>

True, but he has been with her since high school. Smart to stay with the lady that loves you for something other your wallet.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Average? You are kind. She is not "average" for a professional athlete's wife. >>

True, but he has been with her since high school. Smart to stay with the lady that loves you for something other your wallet. >>

No question.