Home Stamps Forum

Help on finding value of WWII German coil

I have not been able to find anyone to assign a value to a WWII German 6+4+6 original coil.

[URL=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/starfire030/media/wwIIcoil001.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Registry sets:
1954 Topps BB
1955 Bowman BB
1956 Topps Super BB
1957 Topps BB
1969 Topps BB
1984 Donruss BB
1961 Fleer W.S. Pennants
1960-62 Fleer Team Logo Decals Run

Comments

• SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Were they sold to the public this way? Or did this come directly from the printer? Never seen a coil like this before. The USA rolls I've seen look a lot smaller. These look to be very wide stamps.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• SpahnfanSpahnfan Posts: 412 ✭✭
    Here is a picture of a couple of stamps that would be in the coil. They are the same width as far as I can tell. Does this help?

[URL=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/starfire030/media/WWIIcoilStamps005.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    Registry sets:
    1954 Topps BB
    1955 Bowman BB
    1956 Topps Super BB
    1957 Topps BB
    1969 Topps BB
    1984 Donruss BB
    1961 Fleer W.S. Pennants
    1960-62 Fleer Team Logo Decals Run
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Yes very helpful, thanks! I was imagining them oriented the other way (90 degrees from what you've shown) that's why I asked if they were very wide. image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, esp with the Ostland overprint. I've seen the individual pairs and trios (e.g., 6+4+6) but don't remember a full roll but its been a while since I did stamps.

Here's a German ebay listing of a set of all 4 possible positions. I'm not sure if the roll has a premium, but the breakup value into sets would seem to be at least a starting point.

linky

Good luck!
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!