Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

LARGE auto signed Baseball, Football, Basketball FINAL REVISION teams

I have a large $250K (ebay retail) signed cards collection that I have been organizing for past 3 years. Due to flood of requests to buy teams or years of certian sports I will entertain those requests. Please PM me with what years or teams you would be interested in. I will price out as follows for baseball or football:
Strong signatures:
1954-1959 commons: $8 each
1960-1967 commons: $5 each
1968-1975 commons: $4 each
1976-1981 commons: $3 each
1982-1992 commons: $2 each
1981-1992 non Topps commons $1.50 each
1992+ commons $1 each
Stars/HOF/deceased 60% ebay retail for an entire group (year(s) or team(s) for example 1972 Topps Brooks Robinson would be $25 (retail)x60% or $15.

I will figure all lower end autos (faded, smudged, personalized, etc. at $1 each no matter what year they are from in teams. Stars will be like 20% retail. I do not have a ton of this.
Minor league cards I have about 15,000-16,000 with stars like David Wright, Torri Hunter, Billy Wagner, and Jeter. I would like to sell this as one large lot for $8K with the stars. I am sure there are going to be sleepers in there for I have not stripped those of tough signatures. I will also add about 1000 MLB rookies in this group with some certifieds.

All of the basketball can be had for $8K. THere is around 1400-1500 cards with over 600 stars. It is the smallest group. I will break up if needed. Basketball pics will be loaded today.

Thanks
Jason

PHOTOS of FOOTBALL and BASEBALL portion Text
I primarily collect vintage baseball and some football cards.

Comments

• Options
    I am definitely interested in the baseball lots, but waiting until all 2700 lots are sold might take years.
  • Options
    This is true. Maybe you should just buy all 1809 and take them all!

Jason
  • Options
    LOL, can I send a personal check?
  • Options
    Sure and I will throw in a nice amount of memorabilia too!
  • Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    This seems more like a grab bag than a group break.

Think it's going to be near impossible to sell 1800 lots in a
    reasonable time frame. You're talking about selling almost
    $100K OF JUST THE BASEBALL!

Are there any big ticket items in the mix? Spending $50 per lot with the prize
    hit being $100 doesn't sound like good bang for the buck JMHO.

You might be better off listing by team.

I might be interested in Redskins, Senators or Bullets I am looking for.

Just a thought.
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    Yes I thought could be a long shot. I have had a few say they would participate but not sure if we could move it all. I will say there are several $100+ cards. I think average value would be well over $50 over all. For example there is several Nolan Ryans, Hank Aaron, 67 Hodges, 66 Koufax, 75 MVP Maris. I have considered throwing in 10-20 nice memorabilia items of value like in a redemption form that would added on top of what is in the packs. I do not know if this would do well or not. I have an early 80s Jim Rice signed GU bat, Dwight Evans signed gamer, some signed baseballs, and maybe for the big prize a signed Tigers program of Ty Cobb on the cover bold signature. Thought on this idea?

Jason
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    I'm curious why you have/use two different user ids. This may be viewed as a red flag by some - and perplexes others. Someone asked in your other thread, and you never answered this.

I agree with other comments. I'd be interested in football - but there are a TON of worthless cards in your stack as well. I'm thinking if you have any realistic shot at selling these your prices will need to come down significantly. Especially for IP cards that aren't certified.
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    Raider

I thought I did explain…..The Sultan ID is our daytime store ID (we just opened a hobby store). I have a partner and we both use it for CU. vintage investments is my personal ID and depending whether it is my office or home computer dictates how I log in. Yes there are more commons in the lots, but considering 2 stars, vintage HOFers, HOFers, and deceased in each lot I have to charge what I posted. If I sell all lots they bring 50% of ebay retail. Perhaps I should try this with ONLY stars/HOFers/deceased players of value and just list the commons in teams?? Thoughts? This would not adjust the price a whole lot but would definitely drop it. For example in football (taking out all smudges, personalizations, bad autos) I have 1631 stars/HOF/deceased all valued at $10-25 each, then additionally another 160 cards over $35 each in value. Other than that I have around 4000 football commons. So, if I removed all commons and did say 2 card lots of stars/HOF/deceased only then I could do maybe go to $30 per lot for the FB. Would this be a better option? If this is more attractive, then I may adjust it.

Jason
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

<< <i> So, if I removed all commons and did say 2 card lots of stars/HOF/deceased only then I could do maybe go to $30 per lot for the FB. >>

Still too much $$ for 2 non-cert autos.
    I feel you don't seem to understand, people want good deals when buying blind in grabbags like this. When paying market value, I want to know what i am getting.

And make consistent the use of IDs, stop bouncing. Its being lazy, and doesn't look good.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Makes sense.

Like Jeffrey said - still too much $$ for uncertified autos. Even most HOFers will sell for $5 or so on ebay.

I'd be interested in a list of all Raiders commons you have, but then again when I buy large lots of common autos on ebay I get them around $.30-$.60 a piece usually.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    I have never bought or sold any HOF for $5 and do not know where anyone can find vintage HOFers for $5. I can give you 3 ebay users besides myself that get $3-8 each for vintage football and baseball commons on a regular basis and $20-40 for MOST HOFers on a regular basis. KHW, greatluckyfinds, amazing autographs, pastime08 just to name 4. Matter of fact my ID pastime08 you can see the exact cards from this collection and what I have been selling them for (90-100% of my asking price). I will buy ALL of your vintage cards signed from football HOFers for $5 each when you are ready to sell. I would never sell any autographed vintage common pre 1990 for 60 cents let alone 30 cents and you cannot find them for that on ebay. You are buying groups with smudges and 1990s-2000s bulk (maybe a very few 1970-80s mixed in). I know this because I sold team lots with smudges etc for 75 cents to $2 per card depending on the team. You have to see the collection to appreciate the value.

Jason
  • Options
    I understand your points

And make consistent the use of IDs, stop bouncing. Its being lazy, and doesn't look good.

Again I am on my work computer at the shop and this is our shop handle. Please read what I wrote. $50 with 3 guaranteed good cards is not a bad gamble for potential hit of a Cobb asuto worth $1k+. Also guarantee anything to pass PSA/DNA. All of the big collectors have purchased singles from this same collection and every card so far has passed. If they were certified, I would just list singles and get $40 each for HOFers. This was put together to move inventory and get a lot of cash back for the store and at the same time make the autos cheaper in a bundle. I understand on the commons and will just pull them out and sell them individually. The stars leave little to no room for any loss and only upside value. Thanks for the input.

Jason Still too much $$ for 2 non-cert autos.
    I would agree if ever card were a Cowboy. image
  • Options
    Trippi

Ray Berry Unsold @ $1

Aeneas Williams - $1.25 DLVD

Andre Reed $2.50 DLVD

Art Donovan $4 DLVD

Charley Taylor - Pack Pulled Auto

Floyd Little Pack Pulled Auto

Tommy McDonald

Larry Little Unsold @ $1

Can do more if you'd like......

Not vintage cards, but vintage players. Not sure which you referenced. Point being - HOF autos for $5 or under isn't hard to find.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options

<< <i>I have never bought or sold any HOF for $5 and do not know where anyone can find vintage HOFers for $5. I can give you 3 ebay users besides myself that get $3-8 each for vintage football and baseball commons on a regular basis and $20-40 for MOST HOFers on a regular basis. KHW, greatluckyfinds, amazing autographs, pastime08 just to name 4. Matter of fact my ID pastime08 you can see the exact cards from this collection and what I have been selling them for (90-100% of my asking price). I will buy ALL of your vintage cards signed from football HOFers for $5 each when you are ready to sell. I would never sell any autographed vintage common pre 1990 for 60 cents let alone 30 cents and you cannot find them for that on ebay. You are buying groups with smudges and 1990s-2000s bulk (maybe a very few 1970-80s mixed in). I know this because I sold team lots with smudges etc for 75 cents to $2 per card depending on the team. You have to see the collection to appreciate the value.

Jason >>

That's not true at all. i buy lots of lots of 80s-2000s common auto lots and don't pay more than $.60 a piece on many occassions.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
  • Options
    Double post. deleted.
  • Options
  • Options
    To be fair - your 2nd and 3rd picture are the only pics I saw out of the 20 or so i looked at that had those type of cards. The first pics and ones after that were mostly late 80s and 90s stuff - closer to the set I sampled than the one you are grabbing. I'm also guessing those HOFers are the ones you had tabbed at being $35+ cards when in reality they aren't.

I'm not here to start a flame war - just trying to offer advice. I love autographed grab bags - and buy them quite often. I wish you luck and can see it's quite a collection. I bet it was fun to sift through. I'd still be interested in seeing who you have for Raider commons too.

EDITED TO ADD - after scrolling backwards through your photo bucket I retract my statement above image

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    Yes it was. FOr some reason photo bucket posted everything backwards. SO you see football commons first, then football stars, then baseball commons, then stars, then my shop. So worst first. Like for example there is a 1955 Bowman Veryl Switzer not pictured. I have baseball like maris, vintage Aarons etc. My point is that you cannot purchase vintage topps cards with 8-10 signature strength HOFers signed in period for $5 a pop. Swells, newer inserts, art cards yes if you dig you can find deals, but not the good stuff. This is no worse than paying $3200 for a vintage 75 Topps mini wax box that contains $400 worth of cards or a 1982 Topps wax Box for $250 with $40 worth of cards. The upside is better here IMO. We will see what happens, but I am sure the negativity will run participants out. Otherise I keep selling on feebly. Not a huge deal. Thanks for the interest.

Jason
  • Options
    No negativity intended at all. I think it's a great idea and looks like one he** of a collection. I would have loved to own and get to sift through it.

I saw at least one Tim Brown there. If you have more of him - please lmk if you decide to sell out. And if you ever make a team list - I'd love one of the Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    OK going a different direction. Just PM me with what groups you all want. I have had many requests for purchasing all teams, years etc. Just PM me whith what you would be interested in. THis is a great collection!

Jason
  • Options
    BUMP