Home Precious Metals
Options

Inland Empire Coin Show (Spokane) Spot Checks

I set up a table at the Inland Empire Show over the weekend and did a fair amount of dealer to dealer and retail business, more toward the dealer to dealer side.

Approximately 25 tables with dealers ranging from the Seattle area through Helena, MT (me!)

All silver eagles that I saw were from $22-$24 dollars
Generic 1 oz. bars and rounds from $19-$21
Very few 5 oz and 10 oz bars, the few I saw were Sunshine mint and were at $100 and $200 respectively
No Engelhard or JM bars or rounds
90% was 14.5X and it looked like the dealers who had any available packed the majority of it up at the end of the show
Generic Peace/Morgans (VG-VF) $25 you pick

Very little bullion gold, I had the only piece of proof gold that I saw and I sold it to another dealer prior to the show opening
Another dealer from Montana had three gold Buffs that sold within five minutes of the show opening, I didn't see how he had them priced
Mostly 1/10 gold eagles were available at 10-20% over spot with one crazy guy asking $210!/each (he also packed these up at the end of the show)
I saw a 1 gram Gold piece off a Valcambi break apart bar for sale at $7.50 over spot
The pre-33 gold that was available was mostly $2.50 and $5 Indian and Libs and had prices ranging from $250-the stratosphere
Limited $10 and $20 gold pieces, I mostly didn't check prices on the $10's and $20's because the prices that were marked were crazy. The one that stuck out was a generic NGC 63 Saint at $1,950, no sticker.
I sold some scrap 10K and 14K gold rings and a nicer necklace to a scrap buyer for $18/gram

I sold a variety of items ranging from a Columbia Expo Admittance Ticket to the Proof Gold Eagle. Traffic was heavy on Saturday and anemic on Sunday. The vibe I got from the attendees was that they were looking and not generally looking to buy.

I picked up some lower grade large cents, a 1927 $2.50, a beautiful 1696 Wildman 24 Mariengroschen, and some great counterstamped darkside pieces from Costa Rica (I'll post some pics on the Darkside forum) and this 3/4 ounce bar:

Comments