Home Sports Talk

Comments

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    So sad. Just too young at the age of 22.
  • thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Did he pay taxes in this country yet ? meh >>

Your presence here is "meh".

...at best.
  • TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    Very sad indeed. Great kid, only 22 years old, tons of talent, and he was a top Cardinals prospect just starting his major league career.

He was a hard worker that just went through his first full season of learning as a rookie what it takes to be a professional at the major league level. (He was a May call up to the majors)

In time Oscar was definitely going to be a good player, and with his work ethic and talent he could have developed into an all star.

All the scouts used to rave about his bat speed and with his hand eye coordination he was going to produce a lot of extra base hits for many years to come.

When a tragedy like this occurs, all of baseball suffers.

Oscar Taveras will be missed.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Very sad indeed.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My old man (Cards fan since the Musial days) is out of the country on vacay with my mom. When I called and told him about Taveras, he struggled to find words.

Death, taxes and a 12 over a 5........'bout the only guarantees I know of. Carpe diem, people.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like he was drunk with 6 times the legal limit in his system...

Associated Press

Justin >>

What a moron.
  • ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    "Tessie Sanchez, a spokeswoman for the Dominican attorney general's office, told The Associated Press toxicology reports showed Taveras had a blood-alcohol level five times
    the country's legal limit when he lost control of his car Oct. 26"

Not to make light of a bad deal, but, WHAT?

What is their legal limit I wonder? For example, here the limit is .08. 5 times that puts you at .40. Folks, thats like bouncing somewhere between coma
    and death!! They either have near zero tolorance for a legal limit or this young man was a career drinker!! Im betting some facts in the article are off.

Regardless of the technicalities of the deal, sad that he made the wrong decision and it cost 2 livesimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    From what I read, the limit is .05. His BAC was .287. That's about 3.5 times the limit (.08) in the US. I just looked at a chart and it states that, for a 200 lb man, it would take 16 drinks in one hour or 18 drinks over 3 hours to get to that BAC.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    That is a lot of alcohol.