Home Precious Metals

Sellers want to bail...

but at their price. Been seeing alot more listings like this on eBay. There's always been bigger volume offerings, but there's more than usual lately. So sellers want out, they just want out to regain cashflow, probably to re-buy at the ongoing declining values.

like this

and this, over $96,000 in silver being offered in one listing

and this
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Good times for stackers. Too rich for my blood, I'll stick to the one ounce pieces.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why take a loss if you don't necessarily have to? I'd say they haven't reached the point of desperation yet. It never hurts to try, you never know, you might find a sucker.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    A lot of promotional deals on bullion from the big online guys too. And not just on their numismatic stuff.

Seems like it will soon be time to be greedy now that everyone is getting scared/cautious, as per Mr Buffet's wisdom.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    We're 5 years into an economic expansion. If there is a downturn and before the fed opens up the flood gates again and that new money makes it way through the economy, silver might drop a lot more. Either way, I don't overthink it. Averaging down all the way. I'm buying every month.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volume dealers moving inventory (currently at $2+ over spot) just like they always have. When they start selling for spot or less, I'll consider them to be bailing out.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Volume dealers moving inventory (currently at $2+ over spot) just like they always have. When they start selling for spot or less, I'll consider them to be bailing out

Very true, but the point I was trying to make was they're are more of these larger volume listings now than in recent past.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Volume dealers moving inventory (currently at $2+ over spot) just like they always have. When they start selling for spot or less, I'll consider them to be bailing out

Very true, but the point I was trying to make was they're are more of these larger volume listings now than in recent past. >>

good point

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not bailing.

Probably they purchased these from a customer and they're flipping them just to make a profit.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

<< <i>Volume dealers moving inventory (currently at $2+ over spot) just like they always have. When they start selling for spot or less, I'll consider them to be bailing out

Very true, but the point I was trying to make was they're are more of these larger volume listings now than in recent past. >>

Business is slow, the economy still has issues and the stock market is a more attractive investment than PMs are.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stackers should hope POM is right. Markets do not bottom until emotion does.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, silver prices have been dropping all morning, which means that everybody is waiting for it to hit rock bottom, so they can buy low. Which means that the people who own the silver contracts are saying, "Hey, we're losing all our damn money, and Christmas is around the corner, and I ain't gonna have no money to buy my son the G.I. Joe with the kung-fu grip! And my wife ain't gonna f... my wife ain't gonna make love to me if I got no money!" So they're panicking right now, they're screaming "SELL! SELL!" to get out before the price keeps dropping. They're panicking out there right now, I can feel it.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha! Billy Ray Valentine brings the knowledge.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Aren't those links all the same dealer?
    That info is meaningless...

There is a tons of product available everywhere...
    Massive supply...

People still pt barnuming modern generic and govt art issues...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>Aren't those links all the same dealer?
    That info is meaningless...

There is a tons of product available everywhere...
    Massive supply...

People still pt barnuming modern generic and govt art issues... >>

No, they aren't all the same dealer. 2 listings are from Pinehurst, 1 is from liberty.coin.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Still it don't matter, there were always big money deals being offered on eBay , and way bigger than these...
    keceph `anah
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    picked up a few more 1 oz's and a few 10 oz's. wee what happens from here
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the sellers figure they better take the $16.50... before it goes to 15, 13, 12....

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry