Home Sports Talk

The baseball game that never ended.

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
Watched the beginning of last nights game. Really enjoyed the Anthem as played by Carlos Santana.

Plenty of action and good old time baseball excitement.

4 hours though. C'mon.

Comments

• MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    It was a very long game, but I do not think that it could have been prevented. There were a lot of pitching changes, and there was a lot of scoring. Personally, I prefer three hours. That is the ideal length of a baseball game for me.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It was a very long game, but I do not think that it could have been prevented. There were a lot of pitching changes, and there was a lot of scoring. Personally, I prefer three hours. That is the ideal length of a baseball game for me. >>

I can think of a way that would have shortened it by 18 minutes.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The blame can't be laid completly on the players and their habits (in/out of the batters box,glove adjustments etc). The TV networks run the show. They have advertisers to cater to and have a compliment of TV ads that must be squeezed in. They pay the freight.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way to watch a game nowadays is to record it and start watching it an hour in. Skip all the commercials, intentional walks, pitching changes, manager's challenges, etc. You finish when the actual game finishes and you've saved an hour in the process.
    Daniel

<< <i>Best way to watch a game nowadays is to record it and start watching it an hour in. Skip all the commercials, intentional walks, pitching changes, manager's challenges, etc. You finish when the actual game finishes and you've saved an hour in the process. >>

Good idea. Low scoring game five came in at a tolerable 3 hours or so.

Unless one is a SF or KC fan or a true die hard baseball guy, it is impossible to watch these from start to finish.

• << <i>Best way to watch a game nowadays is to record it and start watching it an hour in. Skip all the commercials, intentional walks, pitching changes, manager's challenges, etc. You finish when the actual game finishes and you've saved an hour in the process. >>

I do this all the time. No flow to the game with all the commercials. Also can watch someone interesting over if something would happen
    Just researching the 1968 series.

Game 7 took 2 hours, 7 minutes.

Yeesh.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Really enjoyed the Anthem as played by Carlos Santana. >>

My all-time favorite guitarist, though certainly not my only influence. And he was finally acknowledged by the Kennedy Center in 2013! Go Carlos!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE