Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Went to a show today....

....and saw an older gentleman sitting at a table in front of a large metal tin full of world coins priced at $.25 / each. He was going through them one by one and had picked out about 10 nice examples. I said to him, " that is going to take you all day" with a smile on my face. He replied, "I know, isn't it great."

Made my day. Hope he found some overlooked treasures. Has anyone plucked a nice coin from a bulk bin?

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My kinda guy. image

Ever made a nice cherry pick from a bulk lot? Why, of course I have. Couldn't begin to cite all the examples.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years ago a friend and I were looking through a bulk bin, 5/$1.00 type stuff. We were sitting next to each other. He looks over and gives me 'the look', he pulled a 19th C. taler out of the bin. LordM will know this late dealer not by name but by all the bulk lots I got from him a decade ago.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • PatARPatAR Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Without a doubt some of the most enjoyable time spent in coin collecting. If only the clock stopped while I hunt through those bins. Invariably I would look up and find the show/shop closing. image
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If only the clock stopped while I hunt through those bins. Invariably I would look up and find the show/shop closing. image >>

I have always struggled with this. Even if I ignore the "junk" boxes and focus solely on the glass display cases, I never seem to have enough time.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Years ago a friend and I were looking through a bulk bin, 5/$1.00 type stuff. We were sitting next to each other. He looks over and gives me 'the look', he pulled a 19th C. taler out of the bin. LordM will know this late dealer not by name but by all the bulk lots I got from him a decade ago. >>

Indeed I do. He was a heckuva source for fun bulk bags.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.