Home Precious Metals
Options

What gold prices look like. . .

derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
when currency confidence is lost:

Why the Argentinean situation should make you buy gold, unless of course you don't believe the US dollar is being debased by monetizing US debt.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats it look like in Russian Rubles?

I like this one.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cohodk...your link doesn't work for me but I assume it's a downward trendline.

I'll buy my PM's for the reason of derryb's chart though as that's where the US dollar will 'eventually' go.

My further reasoning is I'm not in this for the short term profit but rather the 'preservation' of my wealth.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Whats it look like in Russian Rubles?

I like this one. >>

Are you implying Russian Rublette?image
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cohodk...your link doesn't work for me but I assume it's a downward trendline.

I'll buy my PM's for the reason of derryb's chart though as that's where the US dollar will 'eventually' go.

My further reasoning is I'm not in this for the short term profit but rather the 'preservation' of my wealth. >>

The reference was in regard to most of us not living in Argentina or Russia. And yes, PMs will preserve your wealth just as do stocks and real estate.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The reference was in regard to most of us not living in Argentina or Russia. >>

"This is not Zimbabwe," said one Argentinian to the other. "It can't happen here."

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt