Home Sports Talk

Percy Harvin traded to Jets for a 4th Round Pick

JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
Wow.
My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo! Run the table now, LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll take a lot more than that to make them any good.image

If there was a NFL minor league......the Jets would be in it!!image
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if any of you guys caught Doug Baldwin going off after the game but I can only imagine how mad he is now image
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure if any of you guys caught Doug Baldwin going off after the game but I can only imagine how mad he is now image >>

Quite the opposite actually, the two did not get along at all. Good riddance to a often injured overpaid player.

<< <i>

<< <i>Not sure if any of you guys caught Doug Baldwin going off after the game but I can only imagine how mad he is now image >>

Quite the opposite actually, the two did not get along at all. Good riddance to a often injured overpaid player. >>

I'll say:

Four months later he was traded to Seattle for first- and seventh-round draft picks in 2013 and a third-round pick in 2014. So the Seahawks paid him $18.3 million the last two seasons and gave up three draft picks -- for a guy who played eight games for them.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    The only explanation I can think of is the need to keep open cap space. The Seahawks have the youngest team in the league and have broke the bank resigning Sherman, Wilson and Earl Thomas. Maybe they want to keep some room open for the rest of the team.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
    Its no secret that Harvin has a TON of talent but he doesnt play enough and he does not ever get the numbers that elite WR's get so no doubt the bottom line is he is an overpaid player.
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    A big swing and a miss on the Percy Harvin experiment, no doubt. He helped this team own the donkeys in Jersey 8 months ago, and that (in my eyes) makes the whole trade worth it.

As for the money they paid him, it's done, it happened, and it stinks. However, this guy (Harvin) was saying he didn't want to go in on certain plays- after the offense tried being geared for his speed with all these damn fly/jet sweeps. That doesn't work here, sorry.

For all Seattle does for players (amenities, facilities, and everything else), Percy Harvin managed to not be happy here AND complained about on the field management. So, his punishment is to go hang out with the worst run franchise in the league and its overrated coach for at least the remainder of this season. Have fun going 6-10 AT BEST.
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    The New York Jets are a disaster. Jerry Rice could not help that organization to win a Super Bowl.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect this will by another example of 'addition by subtraction'.

Too bad the Hawks could not successfully integrate Harvin into their offense. What an explosive playmaker. I guess it was just time to fish or cut bait with him. I hope he does well with the Jets.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

<< <i>The New York Jets are a disaster. Jerry Rice could not help that organization to win a Super Bowl. >>

True, but Pats haven't won any without their team videographer, either... image

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Vikings fan I was excited when he arrived. Even more excited to see him go.

Another example of a guy with a ton of talent and no brains whatsoever.

Look at his numbers. Two decent seasons with the Vikes.

He began his career having headaches, now he gives them to his fans, coaches and teammates.

How many chances will he get if he doesn't figure out that football is a team sport?
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    just what the JETS need a malcontent with an attitude. this teams learns nothing from the past.

boy they make it hard to be a fan, but I'm hanging in there. what else do I have to do?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

<< <i>just what the JETS need a malcontent with an attitude. this teams learns nothing from the past.

boy they make it hard to be a fan, but I'm hanging in there. what else do I have to do? >>

Maybe he will finally "get it" and become more of a team player. Cris Carter had some big problems at first and he turned out OK!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

<< <i>True, but Pats haven't won any without their team videographer, either... >>

Wow Grote. That is harsh.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."

<< <i>

<< <i>True, but Pats haven't won any without their team videographer, either... >>

Wow Grote. That is harsh. >>

Its all good coming from Tim, I know he is tongue in cheek ( Sorta image )

He is a PETS fan anyways image

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wow Grote. That is harsh. >>

Its all good coming from Tim, I know he is tongue in cheek ( Sorta image )

He is a PETS fan anyways image >>

Hey, as a Jet fan all I have left are harsh pot shots, LOL!

Hi, Paul! image

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe he will finally "get it" and become more of a team player. Cris Carter had some big problems at first and he turned out OK! >>

I don't think this will be the case

<< <i>

<< <i>Maybe he will finally "get it" and become more of a team player. Cris Carter had some big problems at first and he turned out OK! >>

I don't think this will be the case >>

I agree with you. Too bad he has TONS of talent. Heard a interview with one of his former Vikings teammates the other day on KFAN sports talk radio. Sounds like Percy has some mental problems. The former teammate said Percy was great 90% of the time and for no obvious reason would get furious about something.

Help is out there, hope he gets it.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    J-E-T-S.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Three yard KO return nine yards deep in the end zone. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.