Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Green Hornet and Batman Cards

Just searching through Amazon and to my amazement...the 60's live action Batman show is going to release to DVD next month. While I wasn't a child of the 60's I did watch the reruns in the 80's when I was a kid and loved every single one.

Just wondering, does anyone collect the cards from that show or it's cousin show, The Green Hornet?

Comments

• MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I haven't delved into this set yet, but I'd like to put together a 1966 A/B Batman set as I LOVE the artwork on those cards!
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i'd thoroughly enjoy a scrimmage game between the Super Hero dudes and the villain dudes from all our fave shows of the 60's.

imagine a game where Kato is the starting pitcher and he's throwing darts, almost unhittable.

but, then The Joker draws a walk and on the first pitch to The Penguin he attempts steal 2nd base and goes in spikes high, totally wiping out Robin, because, well we all remember that in spite of his MegaSuperGuy complex, Dick Grayson was pretty much of a spindly little wuss.

so, Batman comes running in from center field and BAM! KAPOW! OOF! all hell breaks loose and everyone gets ejected.

but, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Joker draws a walk and on the first pitch to The Penguin he attempts steal 2nd base and goes in spikes high, totally wiping out Robin, because, well we all remember that in spite of his MegaSuperGuy complex, Dick Grayson was pretty much of a spindly little wuss.

so, Batman comes running in from center field and BAM! KAPOW! OOF! all hell breaks loose and everyone gets ejected.
    >>

You mean like this, for Pete's sake:

imageimageimage
  • cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Scott. Now I have proof for Mike that Pete kicked Buddy's ass. image

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    yeah Scott. kinda like that. image
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Chris.

I'm a fan of the cards tho I haven't done the sets yet.

Here's a couple of packs I have in my collection - these are not my best scans - can't locate them right now and am too lazy to rescan.

The Green Hornet set is not cheap to do in high grade for my budget.
    Mike
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭✭
    WOW Mike ....

Both of those are fun sets and on the someday list but yes not cheap in high grade
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards