Home Sports Talk
Options

Survivor Pool Help - UPDATE: Made it to week 7!

JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
So I'm in 2 Survivor Pools and have 5 out of my original 7 slots remaining.

For those unfamiliar with how a survivor pool works; you need to pick one team to win straight up each week (spreads do not play a role in this), BUT! you can only pick a team once in a season. Example, if I pick Denver week 1 I cannot pick them again (until the playoffs).

UPDATED 10/13/2014

Survivor Pool #1 (Work and Friends and Friends of Friends): $65,000 winner take all - 260/1300 slots remaining.
    JHS5120 - 0 Teams Picked: PHI, DEN, NE, SD, NOR, INDJHS5120 - 1 Teams Picked: PHI, DEN, NE, SD, NOR, BALJHS5120 - 2 Teams Picked: PHI, DEN, NE, SD, PIT, BAL
Survivor Pool #2 (Work): $2,700 winner take all - 28/108 slots remaining.
    Jason Simonds3 Teams Picked: DET, DEN, NE, SD, NOR, INDJason Simonds4 Teams Picked: DET, DEN, NE, SD, NOR, BAL

Lost Picks
    Jason Simonds1 Teams Picked: PHI, DEN, NE, SD, DET Jason Simonds2 Teams Picked: PHI, DEN, NE, SD, DET
My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Detroit is an underdog this week, so I'd stay away from them. How about GB?
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Arizona's at home this week, and if Palmer plays, I like them.

If you don't use them this week, they're at Oakland next week, so I think they're good there too.

I think you should've taken the Colts for all the teams you have left. image
  • Options

<< <i>Detroit is an underdog this week, so I'd stay away from them. How about GB? >>

Hmm. The spreads on Tuesday had Detroit a 3.5 favorite. I guess with Bridgewater playing and Calvin out it swings it in Minnesota's favor.

Green Bay's a good pick, but I was thinking of saving them.

<< <i>Arizona's at home this week, and if Palmer plays, I like them.

If you don't use them this week, they're at Oakland next week, so I think they're good there too.

I think you should've taken the Colts for all the teams you have left. >>

I wish I did! I'm a Redskins fan so I have a strict rule of never picking for them or against them. I just can't.

I think I'll do two Baltimore and one Green Bay and then Arizona next week image

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    A few big upsets!

173 people have been knocked out of the big pool and another 9 have been knocked out of the smaller pool (I updated the numbers above).

Okay, so I decided to double up on Baltimore last week and it worked out well. I'm now considering the following games, any suggestions?

Cardinals at Oakland (ARZ 3.5 favorite)
    Browns at Jacksonville (CLE 4 favorite)

This is a tough week - there are really no clear favorites.. I still have Seattle and Green Bay available, but neither of those teams looked very good yesterday.

Any help would be appreciated.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    With the way Cleveland, Seattle, and San Diego played yesterday, I imagine the pool was thinned out greatly!!

Here's hoping you put your stock in the Cardinals!!

shawn