Home Sports Talk
Options

What are the chances of Dallas beating Seattle @ Seattle???

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
Seattle doesn't look unbeatable to me......But Tony will have to throw zero picks and the defense will have to play better than in the Houston game. And we will have to run the ball down their throats.image

That's all it will take.image Get er done!image

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denver could not do it.

Maybe the Big D can do it, for they are playing well this year.

Seattle does not look as dominant as they were last year, but they still wear the crown and someone will have to take it from them.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    With a quarterback trade, chances would be good.
  • Options
    >>>With a quarterback trade, chances would be good.<<<

image Are you calling a "Romo"!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4-1, first place, geez, and you still can't help piling on your own QB..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Hey, it wasn't me.....it's that licker guy!image

And we are not in 1st place......the Eaglett's are for the time being.image
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    One thing Seattle has done consistently this year is stop the run. Dallas is winning because they have run. Seahawks by 14.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'On any given Sunday' .... who knows.

It's possible, but Romo will have to air it out. Hawks have been stuffing the run. Not sure that will end well for the 'Boys.

Sea 27 Boys 16

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    I would place the percentage of Dallas beating Seattle in Seattle between 20 and 25%. If they were to play in Dallas then I think the percentage would be between 30 and 35%. If Dallas is going to beat a team like Seattle their offense is going to have to be hitting on all cylinders similar to how they were when they played Denver last year. Dallas played well enough to beat Denver in that game and they will need to win the time of possession by a large margin if they are going to beat Seattle. Otherwise they will need big plays and turnovers and those seem to be in short supply when playing in Seattle. However the percentages catch up with everyone eventually, and some team will roll into Seattle and hit them for some big plays.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    I would really love to see Romo and Dez eat up Sherman for about 200 yards and 3 TD's!image

I don't think Sherman can jump with Dez......IF Tony puts the ball in the RIGHT place!!!!image
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless there is a major Dallas meltdown I think Dal. stays close for the first half-17-10/14-10, Seattle leading. Possibly midway through 4th quarter Sea. bears down or Dallas tires and Sea. seals the victory. If I was betting (which am not) I'd take the points. Will be watching to see if big D is up to the test. The real mismatch of the day "should be" Broncos/Jets.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dallas will have to play inspired and disciplined defense.
    Wilson is elusive and doesn't make mistakes.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    I would put a spy on Wilson for sure. He will kill you if you leave him alone!
  • Options
    So far so good....we won the first half!!!image
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    This is the game im watching now. Dallas had better quit making dumb mistakes. You cant give a team
    like Seattle anything and expect it to turn out good. That muffed punt return might bite em in the
    backside.

Overall, Dallas is putting up a better game than I expected
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    Dallas special teams is awful.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    >>>Dallas special teams is awful. <<<

Have they got Romo returning punts again!imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>>>>Dallas special teams is awful. <<<

Have they got Romo returning punts again!imageimage >>

Romo is the guy keeping the Boys in this game, LOL..

• Options

<< <i>Dallas special teams is awful. >>

They sure aint doing themselves any favors. Looks like a bunch of small mental
    errors are compounding. They better get it together quick.

Of course, if im a Seattle fan, things are looking up. Take the Cowboys gifts and
    run with em. Get points and leave em in poor field position.

Definitly looking interestingimage
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    20-20 in the late third. So about a 50/50 chance at this point!
  • Options
    I should qualify that last statement~their kicker is awesome!

• Options
    I will say this, Bailey is money in the bank aint he
  • Options
    Romo making great throws. Murray running with authority. The Cowboys are dominating the line of scrimmage right now. The OL looks awfully good.

• Options
    The road to the Super Bowl may be going through Arlington this year in the NFC..

Dimeman, time to give Romo his due as one of the better QBs in the NFL..

• Options
    I will most certainly give Romo credit. I guess it took back surgery to make him quit making those dumb mistakes.

Who would have thought from last years team minus Ware and a QB with back surgery and a known choker to this....a 5-1 team.

I love it.....don't understand it......but love it!!! image
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I will most certainly give Romo credit. I guess it took back surgery to make him quit making those dumb mistakes. >>

What?

Congrats on the win....especially when the preseason predictors said that Seattle could not lose more than one game at home. image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bout them cowboys!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I didn't get to see the game except the last 2 minutes. It wasn't shown in my area....had to watch the bears game...ARGH!!!

Finally I get to see the highlights.....we gave them 14 points....and still beat them.!!!

Go Cowboys!!!!
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dallas was dominant...way more than 30-23. Final score should have been more like 30-9. Wow.....

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to the Cowboys. I was way off on my prediction. Seattle just couldn't get anything going offensively and couldn't stop Dallas on 3rd down. All credit to them for coming in here and whipping our butts. NFC has some tough teams I'll say that much.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    The Cowboys defense looked a lot better. Either that or Seattle's offense was off.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Right now the surest things on the Cowboys are Dan Bailey, the offensive line, and DeMarco Murray all three are consistent performers week in and week out. The Cowboys special teams right now look like a grade school dress rehearsal. Getting punts blocked, can't field a punt, botching lane assignments on kick coverage, even Bailey is getting into the act by not kicking the ball through the endzone. The first thing I would tell the coaching staff is when you have a dangerous return man back there like Percy Harvin, kick the damn ball all out of the end zone, otherwise you're going to get your special teams coach fired. Those extra yards on a good kick return lead to quick points. You don't want to place any added pressure on your offense by having to answer your opponents score when they only had to go half the field to score a touchdown. I see coaches go crazy sometimes when their players commit a stupid penalty but an inept special teams unit can be a lot more costly. That's a big reason why Seattle is such a good team, they spend a lot of extra time on special teams. They also have their #1 receiver back there returning kicks because they realize what kind of damage he can do back there. Remember when Deion Sanders was back there for the Falcons, Niners, and Cowboys; you just knew if they continued to kick to him that he was eventually going to make em' pay. Sure enough if you give him enough opportunities you were going to see him high stepping it to the endzone! Dallas needs to put in some extra work on special teams and get those problems solved or they could wind up losing a game or two they should have won.

Week 6 thoughts: I was impressed by how well the Dolphins defense was able to get pressure on Rodgers, How the Dallas Defense was able to hold Wilson to 126 yds passing and Lynch to 61 yds rushing. Also how the Raiders stayed right with the 4-1 Chargers till the very end. How easily the Eagles handled the Giants after the Giants looked to be on the upswing the previous two weeks. How Cleveland broke the Roethlisberger streak without the game even being close. And Finally how Joe Flacco looked like he was going to break every single game record in the book after throwing for a 5th touchdown as they started the 2nd quarter. I mean come on, Flacco was on pace to go Wilt Chamberlain on the Bucs, 100 pts!

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.