Home Precious Metals

Geez !!!

Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are we experiencing price manipulations
in PM, or "what" ??? image

Timbuk3

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    As the recent decline is directly tied to a stronger Dollar, quite likely you are correct.

Text

"""According to The New York Times, federal prosecutors are planning to indict individual bank employees for currency manipulation, using instant messages as evidence. That is in contrast to recent investigations into securities-backed mortgage trading, which ended in multi-million dollar fines being paid by the banks themselves.

The Times reports that approximately a dozen financial institutions under investigation, including Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase, Barclays, and UBS. Charges are expected to be filed against at least one bank before the end of the year, with several expected to plead guilty."""
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>As the recent decline is directly tied to a stronger Dollar, quite likely you are correct.

Text

"""According to The New York Times, federal prosecutors are planning to indict individual bank employees for currency manipulation, using instant messages as evidence. That is in contrast to recent investigations into securities-backed mortgage trading, which ended in multi-million dollar fines being paid by the banks themselves.

The Times reports that approximately a dozen financial institutions under investigation, including Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, JP Morgan Chase, Barclays, and UBS. Charges are expected to be filed against at least one bank before the end of the year, with several expected to plead guilty.""" >>

It slices both ways. For years the dollar was repressed unnaturally……………………MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It slices both ways. For years the dollar was repressed unnaturally……………………MJ >>

True. It makes it more difficult to make logical investment decisions when extensive collusion is involved.

Advantage to the long term investor.
  • Armstrong says there is no manipulationsimage
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA

<< <i>

<< <i>It slices both ways. For years the dollar was repressed unnaturally……………………MJ >>

True. It makes it more difficult to make logical investment decisions when extensive collusion is involved.

Advantage to the long term investor. >>

Some of the brightest people I know are currency traders. They are impossible to beat in the minute on scalps. However, if you literally follow the major "money flow" with a longer trading horizon you can profit nicely. Their ships are bigger and require a larger berth to turn around.A s a private investor you can be more nimble riding their wave until then. It really has nothing to do with fair or unfair. Those who get caught up in the morality of the market usually pay the iron price.

FYI every time I shake a currency traders hands I count my fingers

Mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Armstrong says there is no manipulationsimage >>

so does at least two of your fellow forumites.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>

so does at least two of your fellow forumites. >>

Which begs the retort, does it really matter?

Mark

<< <i>

<< <i>

Mark >>

Not in the least.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Mark >>

Not in the least. >>

Yep. It doesn't matter if it is manipulated or not or what any of us think ; )

Mark
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally some common cents.imageimage
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For years the dollar was repressed unnaturally……………………MJ

When was the government buying and retiring their own debt? That's what unnatural dollar suppression implies.

Derivatives are 2nd & 3rd order, and many are highly leveraged. That part is more recent, and the manipulation results in a more unstable system when 2nd & 3rd order leverage is involved.

That's why manipulation isn't trivial.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
    "Gold is not going to go up because of Modi and Indian Wedding season. It is not going to go up on China demand and it is most assuredly not going to go up because the US stock market is going up. Gold is going to go up (at least in relation to most assets) when confidence in policy making starts to wane... period." - Gary Tanashian

"Gold is not going to go up because of Modi and Indian Wedding season. It is not going to go up on China demand

But thats what I've been told all these years. Werent those reasons one of the primary fundamentals for gold? So confusing...:0

• coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Lets see? Gold and silver are selling for less than the minning cost. The demand for gold and silver is at an all time high. Germany wants its gold back from the Fed and the Fed failed to deliver even a quarter of the demand. China and Russia are buying about 1000 tones (each) every month for about the last two years. Fort Knox is empty, the Fed is empty, the queen is empty. If anyone questions the Fed all we will get is another war in attempt change the subject and steal some more gold to keep bashing the price. All who doubt my words will pay the price very soon.
    Are you being facetious?

<< <i>"Gold is not going to go up because of Modi and Indian Wedding season. It is not going to go up on China demand

But thats what I've been told all these years. Weren't those reasons one of the primary fundamentals for gold? So confusing...:0 >>

Supply and demand are fundamentals in a market left to function based on it's fundamentals. Gold's normal market forces have been successfully neutralized. It's going to take a loss of confidence in the neutralizers. Many here have lost that confidence or they would not be here or be stacking.

Like the guy said "Gold is going to go up when confidence in policy making starts to wane." Note the inverse relationship between gold the last few years and the "economy has improved" smokescreen.

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lets see? Gold and silver are selling for less than the minning cost. >>

U lost all credibility right away, even if u had none to begin with....
    Hmmm just like selling for less than mining!!!???... Lol...
    keceph `anah
    ""If you have the wits, courage, knowledge, and cash to take advantage of them, bear markets are great." - Rick Rule