Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

(OK, that was a train wreck. Oh, well. Done now.)

These were previously listed FSH, but are now all on eBay with 99c starts, no reserve, and free shipping, as usual. Please give 'em a bid or two! Thanks! image

(See eBay link in my sigline below)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    ugh look at my awful cell phone pics, I could do those coins better justice with my real camera now

well here we are again with a 12 caesars guy already in a slab and I now have your 12 caesars box

I like your Claudius... a lot

I will need to think on it but just note that I am possibly interested image
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, well. For cellphone pix, they aren't too bad. I never got a chance to reshoot them or write them up, as you can see.

Claudius, huh? Cool. Somebody else was interested in that Claudius back in August but we both drifted away from the forums. I just sent him an email heads-up so we'll see what he says.

I did enjoy our complex swap, BTW, and I do like these coins, but as I may have mentioned, I have a big newp on the back burner and think I will focus on that and the Box of 20 instead of going down the path less traveled with the raw Greeks. Of course if I don't sell them, one or two of them may get entombed in pricey plastic and end up in the Box of 20 themselves, who knows.

My Claudius would be very happy to rejoin Julius and Domitian in that wooden 12 Caesars box again, y'know. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    OK, sold one here. The rest (including the Aigina sea turtle and the slabbed Seleucid) have gone to eBay. True auctions with 99c starts and no reserves, so do please give 'em a go!

• Options
    I wish you luck my friend, rarely do I do a 99cent auction for an ancient coin as it's a hell of a roll of the dice, I hope you pull $500 for the turtle as a couple others will likely not draw much interest
  • Options
    It's roll of the dice, for sure. Sometimes the gamble pays off for me, as 99¢ true auctions draw more lookers and bidders. Sometimes it doesn't.

"Win some, lose some" definitely applies to my track record in selling this way.

Seeing how the first 12 hours of these ten-day auctions have gone, I am cautiously timistic, though there is a long way to go, yet, and there's always that long prriod in between the first and last days which I call " the mid-auction doldrums".

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Aw man, my new ancient arrived in the mail today and I was just getting back here to download those photos and bookmark the links you posted to the history of the coin, and all that ID data, and now it's all been taken down image ... any chance you can PM to me? or is it lost forever?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>I wish you luck my friend, rarely do I do a 99cent auction for an ancient coin as it's a hell of a roll of the dice, I hope you pull $500 for the turtle as a couple others will likely not draw much interest >>

Sadly prophetic words, as we are now 6-7 hours from the end and everything still below my cost some of it grossly so.

Oh, well. I knew it was a gamble. Looks like I will lose this time.

• Options
    they couldn't be ending at a worse time image
  • Options
    Not an optimal time for US bidders, true, but I figured since many bidders on ancient coibs are in Europe, it wouldn't make much difference.

I probably don't pay enough attention to that. I list them when I have time to list them, which is often in the middle of the night my time.

Guess I ought to use the scheduled start feature so they launch- and therefore end- at a more optimal time.

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the non-optimal news buddy. I don't know if you've considered this option, but for future auctions, if the prices aren't climbing high enough, you can cancel the auctions. I know that leaves you with zero dollars but at least you'll still have the coins. I've only done this once myself and years ago so I'm not sure if it's still an option...
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry for the non-optimal news buddy. I don't know if you've considered this option, but for future auctions, if the prices aren't climbing high enough, you can cancel the auctions. I know that leaves you with zero dollars but at least you'll still have the coins. I've only done this once myself and years ago so I'm not sure if it's still an option... >>

It is, I did it to a comic book of mine that had little interest with 1 bid. May do a low BIN in time.
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    I am super irritated that I just found this thread now.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay is a sad place these days. Feels like a flea market.
  • Options
    Actually, the exonumia I have up now is doing OK. It helps that I have next to nothing in it. Sure, I'm only getting ten or twelve bucks here and there, but on stuff that I bought for ten or twelve cents, I can't complain.

EBay is still great for selling bulk cherrypicking finds. I often get more than I would have thought to ask for on BST.

Sometimes I like the flea market aspect.