Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

FSH: Saxony 3-mark proof, Battle of Leipzig centennial, 1913-E, PCGS PR62 DCAM w/TrueView & a ni

German States (Saxony) silver 3 mark proof, Battle of Leipzig centennial commemorative, 1913-E, PCGS PR62 DCAM w/TrueView image

$220.00 delivered, which is within a mouse's whisker of my cost, after I cover the shipping and PayPal fees.

Plus, a very nice 19th century US token with some related paper and digital ephemera.

USA (Syracuse, NY): brass merchant token, A.C. Yates Clothing Emporium, ca. 1850s, Miller-NY #1028, NGC MS62

Comes with two vintage advertising cards from A.C. Yates. These are from Philadelphia and probably a little bit later, circa 1870s. $165.00 delivered (includes token and both cards).

The larger hummingbird card is not quite as big as a modern postcard. The smaller card with the dog is just a tiny bit bigger than a typical modern business card and is blank on the back.

Of additional interest (if I figured out how to share the PDF correctly) is an article about the Yates Clothing store from Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper of April 19, 1862, which goes on at length about the store in Syracuse and also includes some Civil War news.

(Many thanks to members Stefanie for the cards and Bob for the PDF with the article.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.