Home Precious Metals

Monster box of 2013 ATBs

vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
Considering purchasing a monster box of 2013s. Best price I see is 9745 for the 2013 Perry's over at Provident. Anyone else seeing better pricing somewhere else?
References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.

Comments

• lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you choose that over american Eagles?
    LCoopie = Les
  • vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Lower mintage, much more interesting and premiums are about the same as ASEs. Also, I don't like ASEs. Don't own even a single one. I have owned them in the past, but sold them off to buy other things.

References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lower mintage, much more interesting and premiums are about the same as ASEs. Also, I don't like ASEs. Don't own even a single one. I have owned them in the past, but sold them off to buy other things. >>

Why don't you like ASE's? They are probably the most popular and liquid 1 oz pure silver coin made bar none.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Lower mintage, much more interesting and premiums are about the same as ASEs. Also, I don't like ASEs. Don't own even a single one. I have owned them in the past, but sold them off to buy other things. >>

Why don't you like ASE's? They are probably the most popular and liquid 1 oz pure silver coin made bar none. >>

Absolutely! I don't doubt the quality or popularity. Given the option of other lower mintage coins at premiums comparable to ASEs, I'd much rather hold a diverse lot of coins/bars that are scarce. The fact that these days, ASEs are minted in the millions, I prefer to not own them. For generic stuff, I have bars purchased at or near spot and junk silver. For the rarer coins, you need to spend time finding the right buyer. If I need to liquidate some PMs tomorrow, I can sell off the silvertownes and junk.

My gold holdings are mostly eagles and double eagles. I'm willing to pay the premiums because I like staring and drooling all over them.

Same reason I passed on the Britannias (picked up 1 tube though). But now thinking about it, maybe I can hold them as generic silver.
  • Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭
    I vote ATBs... they are pretty cool!
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    VPR....your reasons for going with ATBs all sound good to me.
    I also like them a lot.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>My next 500 oz. box - 1.29 over spot >>

That is going to be a cool box! I goy one bar last week, top notch quality.
    I am curious to see what type of box they are using.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

That is going to be a cool box! I goy one bar last week, top notch quality.
    I am curious to see what type of box they are using. >>

No way near as attractive as the Geiger boxes ......
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beyond a core stash, I prefer my silver in one of the smaller Exchange Traded Funds at about $0.10 over spot.

Non-physical silver has its risks, but it also has its advantages.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>
    No way near as attractive as the Geiger boxes ......
    >>

That's what I wanted to compare it to.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009