Home Precious Metals

Natural Gas is it interesting at this level? & Some misc. PM's

JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'd like to get the opinions of those on this board regarding natural gas, particularly your thoughts on the seemily new lows being put in by the pro/bullish nat gas ETF's. Are they a trap? or do they look at all interesting to anyone for a speculative buy and hold trade over a couple of months.

I'm not a big stock market guy but I know that many of you here have quite a bit of knowledge on a wide and diverse range of topics and I have much respect for many here, whether I agree or not with the opinions expressed, so that is why I want THIS particular groups opinions.

Do these lows imply anything beyond excess supply? Is it that demand is way off as well?

UGAZ

GASL

The above are two examples. I'd love to hear thoughts on nat gas and the above ETF's. If you could tie your thoughts into how it relates to the economy at large, if you feel it does, that would be a bonus.

Here are some pics of some PM's I'd like to share with everyone.
Just to keep the post inclusive of PM related material.

Thanks for your thoughts
They are appreciated

Edited to fix links

JC

Comments

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Weekly slow sto over 80 might get me back in market after 5 years, short of course, UNG...
    keceph `anah
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone ship natgas in tankers? Europe might be needing some in the short term.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Picked up a ton of 'em today to double the stack I already had. That means they are doomed! Oh well, there is always the double-digit yield.

Seriously, it is early for gas, but you never know what the weather.... or the Russians... will do. Shortage of supply could be countered by deepening of the recession in the US.
  • bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    It's always very hard for mere mortals to predict CORRECT future prices of assets, of course that doesn't stop people from making a huge number of incorrect predictions, just read this forum image
    Short term, no one knows.
    That being said, I am very confident that that over the long haul, you want to be a seller of ANY leveraged ETF, especially futures related ones.