Home Sports Talk
Options

Great footage from 1924 World Series just discovered!!

Wow...had to share this with you guys:

When eight cans of nitrate film arrived at the Library of Congress in August, a staffer began a routine inspection to see what sort of physical condition the film was in. Without even watching the footage, she quickly noticed a headline screaming out from one of the newsreels: “SENATORS WIN WORLD SERIES,” it said. “40,000 frantic fans see American Leaguers take 12-inning deciding game, 4 to 3.”

Check it out!

Comments

• Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    That is so cool. And the players are running at normal speed, not like those choppy strides you normally see from that era.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely love these ancient clips, thanks for sharing. My instant observations are the headfirst slide into first, the third baseman taking charge of the infield pop near Walter Johnson, and Calvin Coolidge imbibing a brewski.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic quality of the film. Walter Johnson as a relief pitcher. I didn't someone slid head first into 1st base back then.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed seeing that part of baseball history. There is just something about seeing all the patrons wearing suits run out onto the field like that, just outstanding.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing the info!
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was very much worth watching. Thanks for posting.

Shane

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most excellent. I like all the things mentioned above.

What also stood out to me was the enthusiastic bat boy after the homerun. Super cool stuff.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress