Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Probstein Question

I noticed that he has a raw 1962 Post Cereal Marichal listed. It is missing the border, but even if it was there the card would grade as a PSA 1. The card is listed for $5000 OBO. I am surprised that he is associated with such a ridiculous auction. Does he let the consignor set the price?

Comments

• Options
    He just listed a ton of things today for $5000 obo. None of the cards are high value cards.

Maybe he is using these as placeholders? or advertising? People see a ridiculous price on some rings and click to see what is up?

I just sold 4 cards through him btw, and it was a great experience.

-Jason
  • Options
    hi, we have a bunch of jewish holidays coming up where we will be closed, we are just loading in inventory that will be auctioned in the near future at 99 cents with no reserve ( like usual )

thanks
    rick
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>hi, we have a bunch of jewish holidays coming up where we will be closed, we are just loading in inventory that will be auctioned in the near future at 99 cents with no reserve ( like usual )

thanks
    rick >>

I should have known there was a logical explanation.
  • Options

<< <i>hi, we have a bunch of jewish holidays coming up where we will be closed, we are just loading in inventory that will be auctioned in the near future at 99 cents with no reserve ( like usual )

thanks
    rick >>

Feast of Trumpets?
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    I seem to learn something new every day Jewish Holidays

I'll admit to not having heard of most of these.
  • Options

<< <i>

thanks
    rick >>

Feast of Trumpets? >>

Nope, Yom Kippur.
  • Options
    doesn't seem logical at all, honestly. listing a bunch of psa 9's that wont go over $20 for $5000 because of the jewish holidays?
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes sense if you only had time to load up the scans and titles, and not to do all the pricing. But however their process, it is their own.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    it's .99 and harder to list it at $5K and offer BIN. plus he could schedule them to start whatever time he wants....to quote spock: highly illogical.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>it's .99 and harder to list it at $5K and offer BIN. plus he could schedule them to start whatever time he wants....to quote spock: highly illogical. >>

Yeah but he's saving 10 cents a listing by not setting them to start at a future time.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He should at least have the decency to post some back scans. >>

+1
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I noticed that he has a raw 1962 Post Cereal Marichal listed. It is missing the border, but even if it was there the card would grade as a PSA 1. The card is listed for $5000 OBO. >>

Regardless of the reason behind it, when I see items ridiculously overpriced, it destroys the credibility of the seller. There are a couple of sellers on ebay that consistently list their items this way, and continue to list them at the same price over and over again. Nothing wrong with starting high, but $5,000.00 for a $20.00 card?

I would not be happy with a consignor listing my items in this manner simply to save them a little money. This is one of the reasons I decided to sell things myself, control over all aspects of the listing.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    hi, the holiday is actually not yom kippur , its called sukkot,
    we will closed next wed afternoon to saturday night , and then the following wed afternoon to saturday night again....
    yom kippeur falls out on shabbat this year, and we are always closed then as well....

so we will closed an extra 5 days in the next 2.5 weeks....
    hence, we have to change our normal auctions process of 1000-1500 auctions a night....

I apologize in advance if this effects anybody in a negative way,...

with respect,
    thanks
    rick
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    Rick CERTAINLY doesn't roll on Shabbas!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    gut yontiff.
  • Options
    Rick CERTAINLY doesn't roll on Shabbas!
    that video makes me laugh everytime
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    a. no need for racial jokes.
    b. mazel, mazel to rick for not replying w. an extreme back lash
    c. while he did overly explain the holiday, still didn't see a real explanation of the $5000 auctions.
    d. tend to agree with everything joebanzai stated.
  • Options
    still didn't see a real explanation of the $5000 auctions.
    d. tend to agree with everything joebanzai stated.
    ==> everything will launch very soon for 99 cents...
    the ebay system caps at scheduling 3000 items at a time, so we have to do this technique in order to be ready for our auctions...
    no worries, we're not trying to sell these for 5K ( they are best offer though and we have sold a nice amount already )
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    there we go! $5000 is still a hilarious figure though...

enjoys the 'days!