Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ebay and paypal chopping in two

Good or bad? My guess (hope) is that it could force the ebay side to actually get back to basics and rebuild community relationships with the regular buying and selling people, but I'm not holding my breath. Paypal fees will probably rise again to celebrate the new company.

Comments

• Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I always found the combination of ebay and paypal to be somewhat shady, especially when ebay began more or less requiring paypal at the expense of other options. Maybe this will open ebay to other forms of payment that can offer better rates than paypal for different types of users.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    It depends....I have found Paypal to be generally competent as compared to the ebay goofs, so to me they already are separate except on paper. I wish ebay would go back to allowing other forms of payment, up to and including money orders and such. Ebay was such a better place without the rules and restrictions.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>It depends....I have found Paypal to be generally competent as compared to the ebay goofs, so to me they already are separate except on paper. I wish ebay would go back to allowing other forms of payment, up to and including money orders and such. Ebay was such a better place without the rules and restrictions. >>

EBay does allow other forms of payment. I get a few buyers a month who ask to pay by money order or cash. When I receive payment I mark payment received and choose "other" from the list of options and all is good.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It depends....I have found Paypal to be generally competent as compared to the ebay goofs, so to me they already are separate except on paper. I wish ebay would go back to allowing other forms of payment, up to and including money orders and such. Ebay was such a better place without the rules and restrictions. >>

EBay does allow other forms of payment. I get a few buyers a month who ask to pay by money order or cash. When I receive payment I mark payment received and choose "other" from the list of options and all is good. >>

You cant mention that you accept money orders.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    Is this good or bad for seller? If ebay use diff form of receiving payment will the cost for seller more than 2.9%+30cents paypal currently charging?
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely good for Paypal. You may see them able to make inroads into a site like Amazon now, where they could not go before.

As for Ebay? Who knows? Somehow it'll end up costing Ebay's users more money, of that we can all be sure.