Home Sports Talk
Options

Ron Gardenhire dismissed.

JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
Sad to see him go. Twins upper management/ownership has to be one of the worst in last several years. Constantly trading major leaguers for prospects, none of which has helped the club. Now that they are out of players on the Major league roster that anyone would want, they blame it on the manager. Twins have about four players on the team that don't belong in the minors; Mauer, Dozier, Hughes and Perkins.

Off the top of my head I can think of three players in the last couple of years they got rid of that would make up a pretty good outfield; Denard Span, Carlos Gomez and Ben Revere. I don't think they got anyone in return in any of those trades that is on the Twins big league club. Span and Revere tied for the league lead in hits, both batted over .300, Twins with no one over .288. Gomez all star the last two years would have led the Twins in home runs AND stolen bases this year. 114 stolen bases out of those three players in 2014. Have to imagine they would be great in a pitching friendly park like the Twins have.

J.J. Hardey was also given away and he's won two gold gloves a Silver Slugger and been an all star. Justin Morneau is the NL batting champ we got nothing for him either.

Matt Garza and Francisco Liriano might help them out in the rotation as well, they would have been the lowest (Liriano) and third lowest ERA's on the Twins. David Ortiz was released, he seems to have done OK with Boston.

PATHETIC OWNERSHIP has done nothing but slash salary after getting a public funded stadium. I went to one game at the new (it is beautiful) ballpark and refuse to go again until they get serious about fielding a competitive club.

They better hope Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano pan out, two big time prospects that were injured most of the year. At least they don't make too much money.

Listened to the press conference today and felt sick for several hours. Couldn't believe they blamed the losing on the manager, no class move by the Twins.

Thanks for the effort Ron, too bad you couldn't work miracles. Good luck in the future.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Gardy had quite a long tenure in MIN. I always thought he was a good manager.

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan