Home Sports Talk
Options

Tom Kelly suffers stroke

robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
One of the best baseball men ever. Never seems to get his due. Hoping he has a speedy recovery.

Tom Kelly has stroke

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do people say "minor stroke" when saying someone suffered a stroke? As far as I'm concerned, no stroke is minor. I guess what they mean by minor stroke is "it didn't happen to me"

I hope he recovers fully
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>why do people say "minor stroke" when saying someone suffered a stroke? As far as I'm concerned, no stroke is minor. I guess what they mean by minor stroke is "it didn't happen to me"

I hope he recovers fully >>

They say it because it gives an answer to the first question that ALWAYS gets asked "How bad was it?"

My mother had a stroke years ago and we didn't know about it for a couple of days. Even after speaking to her on the phone. She claimed she was "tired". She ended up with temporary speech problems, but no permanent damage.

Major strokes generally mean severe/permanent problems if the sufferer survives.

Of course no stroke is minor, with the possibility of "mini" strokes where the person doesn't realize they had one.

I too hope he recovers.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set