Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Novice Question - PSA Storage

Am I being a bit OCD being concerned about keeping PSA Graded cards standing up in a storage box instead of laying them flat?

I suspect so as all of the storage solutions I see have the cards standing up within the box - except, of course, the case that I have seen 70ToppsFanatic selling.. Even with that case, the cards are standing up when the case is opened, however, when closed, the case can stand on its side laying the cards flat.

Do you keep them flat or stand them up for long term storage?

Thanks in advance for any input you have to share.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
Website
Shopify Store
Ebay Store

Comments

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flat for me. With what I use for storage it's more convenience than anything else.
  • I have a storage question as well. is there any long term issues I would need to worry about if I vacuum seal cards? reason I need to do this is that I live on the on the east coast, middle of hurricane alley and water is 30 feet from my backdoor during hightide. I have tried several insurance companies, even specialty collectors ins, and they will insure everything BUT flood...

since I travel quite a bit, I am considering vacuum sealing and essentially waterproofing them...

yea or neigh?
  • GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a storage question as well. is there any long term issues I would need to worry about if I vacuum seal cards? reason I need to do this is that I live on the on the east coast, middle of hurricane alley and water is 30 feet from my backdoor during hightide. I have tried several insurance companies, even specialty collectors ins, and they will insure everything BUT flood...

since I travel quite a bit, I am considering vacuum sealing and essentially waterproofing them...

yea or neigh? >>

If I were you I would look into army surplus ammo boxes. You can pick them up for like $10 a piece locally and as long as the rubber gasket is good, it should be air tight. Put your PSA cards in there along with a desiccant packet or two and you are good to go.

The .30 cal ones are ok, but wont hold that many. The .50 cal boxes are the ones you want. I have a few in my basement. Some hold cards and some hold ammo. lol
  • begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    and I assume they are water tight, so long as the gasket is in good shape?