Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail day. All for $4.99.

I'm excited about this. I'm a huge Donnie fan. The extra 85 Topps weren't mentioned in the sale but I'll take them. Nothing too special, the reverse of the 84 Topps is way OC. I am excited over them though. I threw a 4.99 starting bid on and was surprised I won it.

.Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY

Comments

• Options
    That's a hell of a value for 5 bucks!
  • Options
    Thank you, I thought so too. I even went to $20 hoping I wouldn't get outbid, I was the only bidder. He threw this mantle in as well. Not sure I've seen it before and do not know anything about it

• Options
    I don't know, Topps has produced a lot of modern Mantle cards
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Can't beat it for five bucks!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    stevebaystevebay Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    Mantle card only sellf for about a buck elsewhere on the web.

Variations: The Mickey Mantle commemorative card #7 has a variation that was “hermetically sealed” and stamped with “Last Day Production” in gold foil on the back. This card was inserted into factory sets.
  • Options
    Ah gotcha. Thanks for the info. I guess the seller just threw it in for me
  • Options
    Anyone else simply want U2 to go away with their 'all cool stances while I sing and play guitar' stuff commercials ? That went out a decade ago.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mantle card only sellf for about a buck elsewhere on the web.

Variations: The Mickey Mantle commemorative card #7 has a variation that was “hermetically sealed” and stamped with “Last Day Production” in gold foil on the back. This card was inserted into factory sets. >>

So the throw in is worth 20% of the lot? Pretty nice gesture by the seller. Congrats on the buy. You got a steal. Imagine being a kid in 1989 or 90 and getting this lot for $5 (I know there are post 89 cards in the lot, I am just saying what a deal this is now and even more then).
    Steve
  • Options
    Think of it this way, a gallon and a half of gas or this. You done well.
    I'm building a 1968 and a 1970 Topps set. I have lots of 1970s and 1960s to offer in trade.
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To a kid in the 80's that was a treasured backbone of a collection.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    I would've absolutely killed for that 84 topps as a kid. I could never afford it.
  • Options
    When I started collecting again back in 2011, I remember going to my local card show and the first card I picked up raw was that 84 Topps Rookie. Loved that card. Same thing with me - never could afford it as a kid. I sold pretty much most of my raw cards from when I started collecting again before I got back into graded cards but that Mattingly I kept. I also now own it in a 10 as well. Very affordable. Like $110 on average.

Marc