Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2013 Football Product looking worse

2013 makes 2012 FB products look like a good value. 4 games into the season and 2013 FB is looking even worse than many predicted. I thought 2013 product had sleeper value but it looks like the entire year needs to be put to sleep.

The top QBs - Geno and EJ will probably lose their jobs soon. Eddie Lacy and Montee Ball are having slow starts. Cordarelle Patterson and Tavon Austin have not become dynamic playmakers. None of the defensive players have blown up like Urlacher in the early 2000's or JJ Watt. I don't see any sleepers - like Terrence Williams - breaking out.

Right now Gio Bernard is the top player in the class, a poor man's Marshall Faulk The top QB is Mike Glennon, who is a 2nd tier QB at best.

I expect some really cheap 2013 FB prices this fall.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    In reading the title, I thought you meant the NFL product in general sucks (i.e. the current state of the game, the seemingly more and more subjective tickey tack penalties that are making the NFL more closely resemble the entirely unwatchable NBA, and ticket prices/the stadium experience), but I agree either way.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I think Cordarrelle has potential in the long term, but as long as Minnesota remains a run heavy offense, he wont have the stats to justify higher prices.

The problem with the 2013 draft is that the best players were all non skilled position players. EJ and Geno were borderline starters, IMO, to begin with. Glennon is probably the best bet for the future of that group, but even that is a stretch. Lacy's success had more to do with Aaron Rodgers than it did his own play. Terrance Williams will put up decent numbers as long as he is opposite Dez, I dont think he is a #1 WR on his own. Still a bunch of players who could develop: Stacy, Ellington, Bernard, Bell, K Allen etc, but overall, your assessment is correct, not much in the way of future HOF players in that group
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The strength of the draft was supposed to be the O-line, but Fisher, Joeckel, and Lane Johnson have been average. Plus no one collects O-lineman.
    Mike