Home Sports Talk

Anyone who doesn't think a RB's success depends on the ability of the OL...

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just take a peek at LeSean McCoy's YPC...ugh..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just take a peek at LeSean McCoy's YPC...ugh.. >>

I think Someone here said there was 25 Running Backs he would take ahead of Barry Sanders, I wonder if McCoy was one of them image
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just take a peek at LeSean McCoy's YPC...ugh.. >>

I think Someone here said there was 25 Running Backs he would take ahead of Barry Sanders, I wonder if McCoy was one of them image >>

LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Lets keep that in mind next time someone whines how awful Barry's O-line was.

<< <i>Lets keep that in mind next time someone whines how awful Barry's O-line was. >>

Conversely, look how great DeMarco Murray has become with Dallas run blocking up front!!

I think Detroit might have had an OL reach the Pro Bowl twice durring Barry"s career. And their QBs were so skilled, too!

• BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Lets keep that in mind next time someone whines how awful Barry's O-line was. >>

Conversely, look how great DeMarco Murray has become with Dallas run blocking up front!!

I think Detroit might have had an OL reach the Pro Bowl twice durring Barry"s career. And their QBs were so skilled, too! >>

The Lions had a pretty decent line during the Sanders years, what with Lomas Brown and Kevin Glover. The quarterback play was, of course, a different story entirely.

• << <i>

I think Detroit might have had an OL reach the Pro Bowl twice durring Barry"s career. And their QBs were so skilled, too! >>

Lomas Brown was a Pro-Bowl selection 6 consecitive years (90,91,92,93,94,95)
    Kevin Glover a 3 time Pro Bowler (95,96,97)

Conversley, McCoy's Pro Bowl Lineman (Jason Peters 10,11,13) (Evan Mathis 13) will likey never achive the career status of Brown & Glover.

While I totally agree the O-Line is key, Why is it that people go out of their way to try and exempt Barry Sanders from this fact as well?

"Anyone who doesn't think a RB's success depends on the ablity of the OL...."
    And not many had more success than Barry Sanders, but yet the line was oh so terrible?

Smells like hypocrisy to me.

Hypocrisy is the claim or pretense of holding beliefs, feelings, standards, qualities, opinions, behaviors, virtues, motivations, or other characteristics that one does not in actual fact hold. It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one’s own expressed moral rules and principles.
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good players are ALWAYS better when surrounded by good teammates. Some great players still can achieve great things with average teammates. Barry Sanders type of running seemed to me to overcome a lesser offensive line (if he really had one) by being so elusive.

Sanders was one of the best of all time, along with Jim Brown, Walter Payton and a host of others. There's no way to prove who was the best. I would pick Payton, but wouldn't argue with you if you said one of the other guys.

A good/great offensive line makes ALL the offensive "skill" position players better, just as a defensive line that rushes the quarterback well makes the defensive backs better.

That's simply how team sports, in this case football, works.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

<< <i>

<< <i>

Conversley, McCoy's Pro Bowl Lineman (Jason Peters 10,11,13) (Evan Mathis 13) will likey never achive the career status of Brown & Glover.

While I totally agree the O-Line is key, Why is it that people go out of their way to try and exempt Barry Sanders from this fact as well?

And not many had more success than Barry Sanders, but yet the line was oh so terrible?

Hypocrisy is the claim or pretense of holding beliefs, feelings, standards, qualities, opinions, behaviors, virtues, motivations, or other characteristics that one does not in actual fact hold. It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one’s own expressed moral rules and principles. >>

You missed my point. I was riffing on the Smith vs Sanders debate. I know you didn't realize that, but of course you can't miss an oportuinity to pontificate...I'm surprised you weren't able to squeeze in the foolishness of TPGs while you were at it..

• Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Hypocrisy is the claim or pretense of holding beliefs, feelings, standards, qualities, opinions, behaviors, virtues, motivations, or other characteristics that one does not in actual fact hold. It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one’s own expressed moral rules and principles. >>

You missed my point. I was riffing on the Smith vs Sanders debate. I know you didn't realize that, but of course you can't miss an oportuinity to pontificate...I'm surprised you weren't able to squeeze in the foolishness of TPGs while you were at it.. >>

I like the edgy side of Grote.

<< <i>I like the edgy side of Grote. >>

I do too, I would also like to point out that Tim has recently been using some great grammar ( I dont know what half of the words mean ) and I must say I also like the Educated side of him too! image
    LOL~maybe it's all WTCG's posts that are getting me too disgruntled for my own good.. image

Hi Paul! image

Hi Tim! image