Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB: Dinosaur Tokens

Short version: Looking for inexpensive (couple of bucks) tokens with dinosaurs on them for my son.

Long version: Took my almost 3 year old to a coin show for the first time last week. Wasn't sure what to expect out of him, he was probably overwhelmed, but he wanted a "Dinosaur Coin" he said. So, we looked through about 30 tables worth of token books, bargain bins, asked every dealer along the way, etc. 2nd table from the end, the dealer had a car wash token for $2 in his book with a Brontosaurus on one side. I could not believe the smile my son got on his face. He actually behaved for an hour and let me look at coins, but... every dealer I stopped at, he had to show them his "Dinosaur Coin". The dealers were very nice, looked at it with a loupe, under a light, and told my son what a wonderful coin he has. He carries it around with him everywhere and sleeps with it under his pillow.

So, next time you guys are putting tokens in your books or bin and see something with a dinosaur, keep me in mind and send me a PM please.

Thanks!
Jeff
------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101

Comments