Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Yeah, so I picked this up today...

Picked up this football collection from a dude on Craigslist today. Most excited about the run of Topps sets from 1977 thru 1987 - the sets looked tight and I'm hoping they yield some decent gradable singles.

Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings

Comments

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    That's a nice run of sets. If you picked it up cheep you did well.
  • Options

<< <i>That's a nice run of sets. If you picked it up cheep you did well. >>

It wasn't incredibly cheap, but I felt with the condition of the sets, the value was there. I paid him $620 for all of it. There was also an extra Marino, Elway and Rice rookie included.
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

<< That's a nice run of sets. If you picked it up cheep you did well. >>

It wasn't incredibly cheap, but I felt with the condition of the sets, the value was there. I paid him $620 for all of it. There was also an extra Marino, Elway and Rice rookie included.

Others will have a better idea if it was a good price or not I really don't know for sure. I have all those sets myself but I put them together myself over the years. I think that's a pretty good price but doesn't really matter, if your happy with it that's what really matters. The 89 score set is awesome always liked that set.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the Montana gets a 9 then there's your $ right there.
  • Options

<< <i>Hopefully the Montana gets a 9 then there's your $ right there. >>

That would be ideal. I'll find out tomorrow as I commandeer the living room coffee table to begin breaking the sets down. At least the PSA 5 Payton will get me close to $100 right off the top.
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice pickup Mike.

Best of luck in going thru everything.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice pickup Mike.

Best of luck in going thru everything. >>

Thanks, Stone. I'll post scans of the promising ones when I'm done. I just need a few hits (even commons) to make this one a profitable venture.
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Very cool. Have fun sorting them out. It is one of the best parts of the hobby.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

<< <i>Very cool. Have fun sorting them out. It is one of the best parts of the hobby. >>

I've tried a million times to explain to my lady the sheen joy of sorting through a newly-purchased collection...
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • Options
    I would've paid $620 in a heartbeat.

Lee
  • Options

<< <i>I would've paid $620 in a heartbeat.

Lee >>

Normally I would too, but I lost my job a few weeks ago so there's added pressure to turn a profit rather quickly.
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • Options
    NIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I would've paid $620 in a heartbeat.

Lee >>

Normally I would too, but I lost my job a few weeks ago so there's added pressure to turn a profit rather quickly. >>

Makes it tougher, but still I agree with Lee. Hard to go wrong at that price.