Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jeter walk-off game winning hit in last game at home!

Comments

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Fitting end to his career (at home). Some guys have some kind of amazing flair for this. If I am not mistaken Ted Williams homered in his last AB as well. Although his career didn't end up quite at the HOF level, my favorite player growing up was Will Clark. I know he homered in his first swing of his first AB against Nolan Ryan. I believe he also homered in his first AB either in the minor leagues or in college (maybe both)--where are the Will Clark fans to confirm some of this? I have lost 22% of my memory since my son was bornimage
    Steve
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    Will's HR was actually on the 2nd pitch he saw from Nolan Ryan (albeit his first swing).
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    A fitting end to a wonderful career at Yankee Stadium. Whether you like the guy or not (hard not to like the guy), baseball is going to miss him ... and so are the guys who put together the highlight films.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Last night my wife gave Jeter the highest compliment ever. She is from Boston and for years whenever Jeter was playing on TV and would make a good play she'd say "Jeter sucks". Last night while watching
    the Jeter interview on the news with Brian Williams she actually said "Jeter was a pretty good player."
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    What's that loser Olbermann's slant on the game's outcome?
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    The game was incredible, as was the press conference. I highly recommend watching the press conference.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What's that loser Olbermann's slant on the game's outcome? >>

Consider the personalities of Derek Jeter and Keith Olbermann. Such polar opposites.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

<< <i>Last night my wife gave Jeter the highest compliment ever. She is from Boston and for years whenever Jeter was playing on TV and would make a good play she'd say "Jeter sucks". Last night while watching
    the Jeter interview on the news with Brian Williams she actually said "Jeter was a pretty good player." >>

lived in nyc for 2 years, had season tickets but am a boston fan (primarily to get cheap sox tickets) anyways...have a buddy that works for nbc news and he let me listen to the audio of what is going to be aired tonight. all boston fans are gonna change their hearts after tonight.

it's also gonna be fun to watch him play second base at fenway...which will also give boston fans something they've never seen

as for his final yankee stadium game and the way it ended, it seriously couldn't have been written any better by Shakespeare