Home Sports Talk
Options

Jeter and Gwynn

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
Both Derek and Tony played 20 years for the same franchise and were class acts. I'm curious as to how people rate their respective careers, and how different things would have been had Tony been on uniformly good teams like Jeter.

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gwynn MUCH MUCH better player!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun Fact: Jeter and Gwynn both have 543 doubles.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    This is my favorite Derek Jeter stat. Let the page load for a few seconds if need be...it will calculate automatically.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Derek Jeter just passed Tony Gwynn in the all-time doubles list. image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Derek Jeter just passed Tony Gwynn in the all-time doubles list. image >>

Took him long enough!
    Gwynn - 543 doubles in 9288 at-bats
    Jeter - 544 doubles in 11188 at-bats
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Took him long enough! >>

It actually took him just long enough. We can now add it to his long list of accomplishments. God bless him.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Took him long enough! >>

It actually took him just long enough. We can now add it to his long list of accomplishments. God bless him. >>

Too right! image
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeter bashers are nothing but clueless Yankee haters!

And soooooo pathetic!!!!
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jeter bashers are nothing but clueless Yankee haters!
    >>

Guess you'd be surprised that I'm a Yankees fan. But, even I know he's overrated. Overrated doesn't mean terrible, you know.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Jeter bashers are nothing but clueless Yankee haters!
    >>

Guess you'd be surprised that I'm a Yankees fan. But, even I know he's overrated. Overrated doesn't mean terrible, you know. >>

Agree +100000000
    Jeter is great. No doubt. But he wasn't the second coming of Honus Wagner nor was he the reincarnation UL Washington either.