Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

would you rather...

pay $350 for an item off ebay or pay $380 for the same item on ebay to get $38 back in ebay bucks (in other words, pay $30 more for the same item to save $8....although technically you're not really saving $8 but rather just getting that extra $8 as ebay bucks).

Just trying to figure out which route to take to get the item I'm looking to buy.

Comments

• Options
    Less is less, is it not?
  • Options
    Do the eBay deal. You're certainly going to spend the money on eBay at some point so it is a better deal.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    is there a 10% ebay bucks deal going on?
  • Options
    How does one see his eBay bucks balance?
  • Options
    Click on "My eBay" on the top right and you'll get a scroll down and the last option will show you.
  • Options
    Dan,

If you go to your account summary and then under buying my balance is right below. You can even click on the link to see all of the activity that resulted in your Ebay Bucks balance.

I've had a hard time finding on mobile so I just use the classic version to find it.
    Matt
    Looking for post-war hof rc's, raw or graded.
    Successful dealings: grote15, wilkiebaby11, BPorter26 and gregmo32.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>pay $350 for an item off ebay or pay $380 for the same item on ebay to get $38 back in ebay bucks (in other words, pay $30 more for the same item to save $8....although technically you're not really saving $8 but rather just getting that extra $8 as ebay bucks).

Just trying to figure out which route to take to get the item I'm looking to buy. >>

Talk the guy on eBay down to $350 and then have the $35 in eBay Bucks free and clear. If that's not an option, still go for the eBay deal for net $342.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I don't think it matters too much for $8.00 on a $350.00 purchase, but it does make sense to pay more and get back the $38.00 if you are going to be buying more off eBay in the future.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    $8 is $8 for all those who have any issues, please forward $8 to......LOL
  • Options
    i'll let you forward it to me for only $7.
  • Options
    Buy it off eBay and then spend the eBay bucks on a sweet card later and spend no money on it!
  • Options

<< <i>Dan,

If you go to your account summary and then under buying my balance is right below. You can even click on the link to see all of the activity that resulted in your Ebay Bucks balance.

I've had a hard time finding on mobile so I just use the classic version to find it. >>

I didn't see it. I must not have any. But thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Dan,

I've had a hard time finding on mobile so I just use the classic version to find it. >>

I didn't see it. I must not have any. But thanks! >>

Make sure you're signed up for it, it requires you to opt-in: Link
  • Options

<< <i>Dan,

Since a picture's worth a thousand words....
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    ...be riding a mule on Molokai?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>pay $350 for an item off ebay >>

I could use some clarification.

When you say the same item, do you mean "similar?" Or the exact same item?

I like the convenience and the peace of mind that comes from the Paypal protection.
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>pay $350 for an item off ebay >>

I could use some clarification.

When you say the same item, do you mean "similar?" Or the exact same item?

I like the convenience and the peace of mind that comes from the Paypal protection. >>

+1

ON eBay ALL DAY
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    can someone please answer...is there an actual 10% ebay bucks program going on? isn't my math correct. $380, $38 back = 10%? I am enrolled and have never seen anything @ 10%. if so, I have a phone call to make....
  • Options

<< <i>can someone please answer...is there an actual 10% ebay bucks program going on? isn't my math correct. $380, $38 back = 10%? I am enrolled and have never seen anything @ 10%. if so, I have a phone call to make.... >>

Yes, I've heard there is.
  • Options

<< <i>Dan,

I've had a hard time finding on mobile so I just use the classic version to find it.

I didn't see it. I must not have any. But thanks!
    Make sure you're signed up for it, it requires you to opt-in: Link >>

I just opted in, thanks!
  • Options
    on it!
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I would simply purchase the item for $350.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>...be riding a mule on Molokai? >>

On my honeymoon we skipped the mules and hiked down to the bottom ourselves. Down was fine, but back was rough - mules passed us and mule s%^t was everywhere.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>can someone please answer...is there an actual 10% ebay bucks program going on? isn't my math correct. $380, $38 back = 10%? I am enrolled and have never seen anything @ 10%. if so, I have a phone call to make.... >>

The current promo (for me at least) is 10% on purchases of $200 or more. They almost always do these big ones towards the end of each quarter.