Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What will be the NEW standard for a 10?

Just looking through some 2014 Bowman cards. Noticed everyone of them appears perfectly centered, perfect corners, surfaces are awesome, etc. I am sure other brands are also top shelf. Makes me think there will be a boat load of 10's out there. Will the criteria for a 10 change? or will we all have lots of 10's? Should be interesting as the newer cards receive grades.

Jim-59Horsehide

Comments

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just looking through some 2014 Bowman cards. Noticed everyone of them appears perfectly centered, perfect corners, surfaces are awesome, etc. I am sure other brands are also top shelf. Makes me think there will be a boat load of 10's out there. Will the criteria for a 10 change? or will we all have lots of 10's? Should be interesting as the newer cards receive grades.

Jim-59Horsehide >>

If the criteria for any grade would change that would render all previous cards with the grade under or over graded. So, to answer your question, NO there will be no change to what a 10 is.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>Should be interesting as the newer cards receive grades. >>

chugging moonshine with Rip Van Winkle, eh?
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the pop reports for 2013 and 2014 cards, you will see that the percentage of 10's is very high.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    If the criteria for any grade would change that would render all previous cards with the grade under or over graded. So, to answer your question, NO there will be no change to what a 10 is. >>

Only talking about 10's - no need to change anything other than perfection image

Itzagoner - never, ever chug good moonshine, eh?

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    A 10 is a 10... there's no premium for a 10, the premium is on low population. If there's a ton of 10s, there just won't be a premium.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>Itzagoner - never, ever chug good moonshine, eh? >>

oh sure. right before i get to bidding on cards. image

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    The criteria should never change which is why I think allowing an OPC leeway on some things to be counterproductive. What will happen is it will lower the value of a ten if everyone is perfect.....See what an AU 1921 Morgan Dollar is worth and understand why and you will see the similarities
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standard stays the same. Meaning it changes depending on who the grader is...
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A 10 is a 10... there's no premium for a 10, the premium is on low population. If there's a ton of 10s, there just won't be a premium. >>

See 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    I would expect it to stay the same. Otherwise it would mess up everything else.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>A 10 is a 10... there's no premium for a 10, the premium is on low population. If there's a ton of 10s, there just won't be a premium. >>

See 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan. >>

Not low pop in absolute numbers (only 1 or 2), but in relation to # cards graded.

PSA 9s - 2235
    PSA 10s - 196

If there were 2235 10s like there are 9s, the premium would be minimal. We collectors like beautiful cards, but we're not going to pay a huge premium for one if they're a dime a dozen.
  • Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Seems like a pretty simple answer to me: create an 11.