Home Sports Talk

High School Football

Biggie in town tonight with De La Salle coming to town to play Del Oro. With De La Salle's movie out right now that ought to bring an extra big crowd. I might go check it out. Will be a beautiful night for football. De La Salle's winning streak against northern California teams is 252 or so. Would be nice to be at the game when the streak ends!

Comments

• MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Are you saying that Friday Night Lights 2 will be set in California, and not in Texas? image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    De Lasalle last lost to a team from No. Cal. in 1991. They lost to Pittsburg High in the NC title game. If I remember correctly Amani Toomey of NFL fame played for De Lasalle in that game.
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you saying that Friday Night Lights 2 will be set in California, and not in Texas? image >>

No nothing in California will rival Texas... in any facet of life ever. However, there is a movie right now called When the Game Stands Tall about De La Salle football.

Trailer
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm reading the book right now - good stuff. The movie was very good but definitely messes with some of the facts.