Home Sports Talk

Doing some ciphering on the NFL commishes income.

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
Depending on how it is calculated, It seems that Rog earns about $35 Million a year (part of the advertised $44m was deferred.

Attendance in the NFL was about 18,600,000 in 2013 including the playoffs.

Goodell would than be picking up a cool $2 for each butt in the seats****

*Not suggesting that he is overpaid, that is at the discretion of the owners.

*This certainly demonstrates the quantum jump in executive salaries.

*A guy making that much money should be a bit smarter as his decisions in the last couple of weeks were dreadful.

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he didn't warrant the salary he's getting, the owners wouldn't be paying him that. The NFL is arguably the most profitable enterprise in sports (some would say hands down).

There's a long line of much more inept executives before you get to Goodell. He has and will continue to make owners boatloads of cash, which is the only standard by which a commissioner will be judged.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • I believe that the NFL is making money hand over fist in spite of goodell. Now that's just my completely unfounded opinion of course.
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now that's just my completely unfounded opinion of course. >>

This is the CU sports forum. What else is there?
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Now that's just my completely unfounded opinion of course. >>

This is the CU sports forum. What else is there? >>

Unfounded opinion squared...or, IOW, a Dimeman post. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.