Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Some ancient grades finally in-Now with Pics

Well it took some time but finally got a few grades back from NGC on a small batch of ancients I sent in. Basically everything graded about as expected, with the exception of number 5 which is the piece showing Ulysses and his dog on his return. I had thought that would probably get a Ch. AU due to a slightly weak strike on the reverse, but I'll take an MS on it. They don't show the details of the grade on the shipping sheet but I'll update when I get them. Turnaround was very slow, it will be 8 weeks on Friday since they received them.

001 Constantius I, AD 305-306 ROMAN EMPIRE BI Nummus AU - could have been either Au or Ch. AU from York coins

002 Q.Fabius Maximus, c127 BC ROMAN REPUBLIC AR Denarius XF - as expected from Pegasi at show

003 L.Pomponius Cn.f, c118 BC ROMAN REPUBLIC AR Denarius Serratus XF - as expected from Pegasi at show

004 c.188-84 BC CARIA, ISL. OF RHODES AR Hemidrachm Ch AU - as expected - from Pegasi auction

005 C.Mam. Limetanus, c.82 BC ROMAN REPUBLIC AR Denarius Serratus MS - expected Ch. AU from the Goldberg auction

Comments