Home Sports Talk

The last home game...

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
and your team is last/25 games out. You go. What is your motivation to go? Season tickets? And what are your thoughts? Wait till next year or? Was only thinking about this when watching a game being played in the rain with a few thousand fans in attendance. What makes YOU want to go.
Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to such a game when I was a kid. It was my only chance in a many-year span to go to Fenway, so that's not something we passed up.

They lost, but it was a fun memory of a game with my mom there too.
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    I love the game.
  • Last chance to watch them play in person for 6 months.
  • MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I purchased tickets for next Tuesday night's New York Yankees game. I just enjoy live baseball. I also enjoy walking around Yankee Stadium.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a certain melancholy feeling about that last home game when your team is in the "wait until next year" mode. When your "boys" are done for the year. Also means the approaching winter doldrums.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".