Options

Greatest MLB Stadium

1970s1970s Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
Fenway Park - Boston Mass.

Honorable Mention - San Francisco Giants

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Fenway and Wrigley are both very special. Among all the stadiums I have been to I consider them tied. Overall game experience is pretty awesome.

SF is very nice but it's comparable to so many other modern stadiums starting with Baltimore and just about every stadium build since Camden. It's certainly no nicer than Cinci for example which I just went to last year for the first time at the new stadium.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrigley followed by Fenway and basically nothing matters after those two.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wrigley followed by Fenway and basically nothing matters after those two. >>

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of great baseball stadiums. My vote goes to PNC Park. Its amazing.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Yankee Stadium.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see most are nominating the old ballparks. Target field in Minneapolis is VERY nice!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite is Camden Yards, but PNC Park was very nice when i was there. I was not impressed with Great American Ballpark when i was there.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Fenway has a lot of history, but the seats are too small, and there are a lot of obstructed views. You can have it.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fenway and Wrigley are not in the "stadium" class, which is why they are often held in high regard. Stadiums (stadia?) tend to suck for baseball
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Tiger Stadium.

Only place I ever saw MLB........one could hear the ghosts of baseball past, there.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tiger Stadium.

Only place I ever saw MLB........one could hear the ghosts of baseball past, there. >>

Oh how I miss Tiger stadium image

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Wrigley is a friggin dump. Needs A LOT of repair.
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    "Old" Yankee Stadium, 1923 to 1973 era.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).