Home Sports Talk
Options

September can't go away fast enough for the NFL - Adrian Peterson indicted

TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
ESPN story

CBS Minnesota - contains pictures from Houston PD

The nightmare continues for Goodell and company. If those pictures are legit, then this is very, very bad for Peterson. They indicate to me that the switch was used with enough force to wrap around the child's leg and draw blood, as evidenced by the scabs. It will be interesting to see how Goodell and the Vikings respond to this latest crisis.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assaulting a woman is bad, assaulting a child is worse. And I'm ok with spanking a child within reason but using a stick is abuse.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy is his timing bad.

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    If he doesn't get kicked out of the league Goodell is going to get crap from everyone.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    In the Fed Ex Cup finals, Billy Horschel is 8 under after 2 rounds, with Rory, Jason Day and Chris Kirk at 6 under.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    It is bad but how can the new rules apply to him when this happened before they were put into practice.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

He needs to get kicked out of the league forever probably . All of these idiots do. And while we are at it why not reform the whole stupid league discipline process.

Should wes welker be suspended longer than Ray rice? It boggles the mind that beating a woman nets you less games than getting high out of season on your own time.

The NFL is a rotting putrid corpse of corrupt behavior , everywhere you poke it with a stick maggots are wriggling.

I'm thinking that if the NFL decides to fire Roger they better tread carefully , he knows where all the bodies are buried on the concussion situation. If he decided to sing about what they knew and how they faked their studies or whatever then all the owners will bleed dollars. They better buy him off kick him upstairs whatever it takes to keep him quiet.

• Options

<< <i>He needs to get kicked out of the league forever probably . All of these idiots do. And while we are at it why not reform the whole stupid league discipline process.

Should wes welker be suspended longer than Ray rice? It boggles the mind that beating a woman nets you less games than getting high out of season on your own time.

The NFL is a rotting putrid corpse of corrupt behavior , everywhere you poke it with a stick maggots are wriggling.

I'm thinking that if the NFL decides to fire Roger they better tread carefully , he knows where all the bodies are buried on the concussion situation. If he decided to sing about what they knew and how they faked their studies or whatever then all the owners will bleed dollars. They better buy him off kick him upstairs whatever it takes to keep him quiet. >>

I see what your saying but lets not forget these guys are not Law Enforcement, so why do they need to be held to a higher standard?

Its a general question that Im asking, Im not saying Rice and Peterson dont deserve what they get but I want to know what fuels the anger at these guys more so than other well known figures in the spotlight.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was spanked with a belt when I was a child. Never spanked until I bled, or got a bruise, just enough to shed a few tears.

I would never "spank" my children until they bruised or shed blood. I feel that is excessive, but I'm not going to judge Peterson on
    how his dad spanked him, or how he spanked his child. I'll just say I disagree with that style of discipline.

I have a question about the NFL though, why is it up to them to discipline their players ? Shouldn't these remain legal issues with the courts and police ? I thought the league was just responsible to discipline players if they had altercations on the field, or in the locker room.
    I did not know that they also should act as police officers and judicial courts if their players have legal issues.
    Shouldn't the NFL just let law enforcement work on these issues ? The Ray Rice thing is bad, but let the courts take care of it ??? Didn't MLB let Darryl Strawberry play ball while having drug issues ?? Everyone knew cocaine was against the law, but Darryl and that left hand pitcher (Steve Howe ?) were allowed to play even though they were breaking the law. >>

I completely agree with you on all counts.

This whole thing, and our society in general, is quickly going the way of George Orwell/1984/Big Brother. You can not do anything, including in the privacy of your own home, without worrying about it getting out and being viewed by a completely voyeuristic public imageimageimage

It makes me absolutely sick to see what we have become as a society!

Steve
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I see what your saying but lets not forget these guys are not Law Enforcement, so why do they need to be held to a higher standard?

Its a general question that Im asking, Im not saying Rice and Peterson dont deserve what they get but I want to know what fuels the anger at these guys more so than other well known figures in the spotlight. >>

Goodell is a sock puppet for the owners right? They fine players or suspend them for all sorts of relatively minor crap but when they actually do something serious we hear crickets. Do they think the average fan is so stupid he or she equates smoking pot with child abuse or beating your wife? Every offense is viewed through the lens of owner profits not the actual seriousness of it.

I'm a fan I like to watch games but I suffer the existence of the NFL only grudgingly. I watch football pretty much every week but it can be a college game or even high school if need be. I don't have any nostalgia for the NFL at all . I have 30 sports channels if I quit on football I'll just watch tennis or field hockey or formula one . Curling , skiing volleyball , tiddlywinks I'll watch anything and enjoy it image

The NFL squeezes its fans far harder than any other sport and its time they get crushed for it. At the very least roast these owners over the fires of public opinion to the point that no team ever gets taxpayer funding for a stadium . Scumbag owners have been nursing off the taxpayer teat long enough. image

• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This whole thing, and our society in general, is quickly going the way of George Orwell/1984/Big Brother. >>

Using this case as an example of the 'dangers' of state totalitarianism cheapens the lessons of 1984 to the point of counter-productivity. Don't get me wrong - I'm a big fan of that old drunk, and I wonder how the world would be different had that book not been written.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    The NFL has an image problem and the media will not relent until the season is over. This is bad.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I did not renew my NFL package this year because of all this. I am not going to contribute to it. If everybody would stop and also stop going to games maybe things would straighten out. Just watch what is on for free if you have to watch at all.
  • Options

<< <i>I did not renew my NFL package this year because of all this. I am not going to contribute to it. If everybody would stop and also stop going to games maybe things would straighten out. Just watch what is on for free if you have to watch at all. >>

You seriously think boycotting the games in any way will deter the behavior of players or how the NFL disciplines it's players? It's a multi billion dollar worldwide business operation that will continue to thrive regardless of what people think or say about what happens to a few bad players. I let the NFL prostitute itself for my simple pleasure of enjoying it for what it is and it's entertainment nothing more nothing less I don't look at it as a benchmark for anything moral nor do I care what it's perception is.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    AP still in the news. LONG season so far for him. This is not a big deal but put it all together and he has a mess on his hands.

ESPN.com link
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>AP still in the news. LONG season so far for him. This is not a big deal but put it all together and he has a mess on his hands.

ESPN.com link >>

Isn't pot smoking a 1 year NFL ban?

May not be seeing old Adrian for a spell.