Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just bought a CASE of cards and EVERY SINGLE CARD has HUGE FISHEYES! BUMMED! An update on Case purch

Beach Bummed that is image

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    you're gonna need a bigger chair.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the carnage image
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    Nice Catch!!! imageimageimageimageimage

James
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimageI'm tired and I want to go to bed I opened up a case about an hour go and it's gone right to my head. imageimage

James
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    sounds like another ebay fishtale to me.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

<< <i>you're gonna need a bigger chair. >>

• Options

<< <i>you're gonna need a bigger chair. >>

Had a long day today. Thanks for the huge laugh.

Mullins5- Sorry about your cards. Big disappointment.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Fairwell and adieu to you fine Spanish ladies.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

Was Tender Is The Night originally issued in that maxi size?
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    Which was worse: Jaws 3 or Jaws 4? Both are horrible but I think 4 was embarrassing to the franchise.

Edited to ask if these are From Jaws 1 but in 3d form or from the 3rd 3d movie?
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Show me the way to go home....Im tired and I wanna go to bed

I had a little drink about an hour ago and its gone right to my head
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Hooper, stop playing with yourself...
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    I appreciate a man that understands there is no good reason to separate multiple jaws 3D boxes from multiple copies of To Kill a Mockingbird.

Are there some x-out boxes and some non x-out boxes? I thought it was an all or nothing deal on that.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Which was worse: Jaws 3 or Jaws 4? Both are horrible but I think 4 was embarrassing to the theanchise.

Edited to ask if thMichigan iare From Jaws 1 but in 3d form or from the 3rd 3d movie? >>

I don't think there was a jaws 1 set. There's a jaws 2 box, but it has regular wax packs. I think these are Sealed like 83 topps Michigan
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    I am always amazed things like this still exist.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, there is no Jaws 1 set. Which is a travesty as I'd probably be focused on that set more than anything else in the hobby. There is a Jaws 2 set from 1978, which is still acceptable because Chief Brodie is in it, alas no Quint or Hooper. These cards are from Jaws 3.

And yes, Jaws 4 is an abomination and I think we would all appreciate it if no one brought it up ever again. Thanks.

Are you going to rip the case? I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a card from this set.

(and I'll take any opportunity to post scans of my late-1970s boxes)

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    lou gossett be kidding me!!!
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I appreciate a man that understands there is no good reason to separate multiple jaws 3D boxes from multiple copies of To Kill a Mockingbird.

Are there some x-out boxes and some non x-out boxes? I thought it was an all or nothing deal on that. >>

Six boxes are not marked with an X. I'm planning on keeping those unopen.

itzagoner - hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

GDM67 - no, that "Tender" is the original pre-publisized serialized magazine that is rebound with a custom facsimile dust jacket.

72skywalker - these are Jaws 3D cards from the 3rd movie which was in 3-d.

ReggieClevland - is that your box? NICE! I'm going to rip all of the X-boxes and try to build a high grade PSA set. It's going to be difficult because the back borders are black. There's also 6 cards per pack and two are destroyed because the gum is packaged in the middle. The cards are also terribly centered. Figure it'll take about a case to get a mint set.

Here's some pics of the cards. I hate the fronts but LOVE the 3D backs!

• Options
    An update:

I bought this case for $300.

Sold 7 of these boxes for $200 and still have 10 for sale.

I'm keeping the 6 unremaindered (without black X) ones for my personal collection.

After fees I'll eventually break-even or come out slightly ahead with this case AND still be able to keep the 6 for my collection.

I wanted to bump this thread to show people some success who may be contemplating a case purchase from BBCE. You may be able to break even or come out ahead and keep a few for your PC.

• Options
    DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭

<< <i>An update:

I'm keeping the 6 unremaindered (without black X) ones for my personal collection.

After fees I'll eventually break-even or come out slightly ahead with this case AND still be able to keep the 6 for my collection.

I wanted to bump this thread to show people some success who may be contemplating a case purchase from BBCE. You may be able to break even or come out ahead and keep a few for your PC. >>

Nice work. I think that you and I have the same approach to collecting....making the hobby self-funding by selling items at a profit to offset purchases, grading costs, etc. Some people get worked up when they see someone buy something and resell if for a profit but I don't get it.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I remember being embarrassed by how bad Jaws 4 was when I saw it in the theatre. I think I was 12 years old.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>An update:

I wanted to bump this thread to show people some success who may be contemplating a case purchase from BBCE. You may be able to break even or come out ahead and keep a few for your PC. >>

Nice work. I think that you and I have the same approach to collecting....making the hobby self-funding by selling items at a profit to offset purchases, grading costs, etc. Some people get worked up when they see someone buy something and resell if for a profit but I don't get it. >>

+1

Nice job on the score and resales.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad Patrick.

I just did the math - I'm assuming it's a 24 box case?

When you said "beach bummed", it reminded me of someone who used to be here years ago - Beachbum. Mike was an interested guy who - as I recollect - was trying to corner the market on on Cole Hamels.
    Mike
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>An update:

I'm guessing you mean $20 a box? Not $200.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I assume he sold 7 for $200 so it was really just under $30 a box.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>Not bad Patrick.

I just did the math - I'm assuming it's a 24 box case?

When you said "beach bummed", it reminded me of someone who used to be here years ago - Beachbum. Mike was an interested guy who - as I recollect - was trying to corner the market on on Cole Hamels. >>

lol.

Yes sir, 24 boxes.

$20 to $40/box has been what I've been selling them for, sorry for the confusion guys!