Home Precious Metals

Johnson & Matthey gold

I've picked up a 5 gram bar, but it has no serial number on it.
My question did I screw up buying this or is it okay.
I did weigh it and it's 5 grams exactly.

Thanks JD
"Only 2 things are certain
Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a pic? Compare it to pics of similar bars on eBay and the various bullion dealer web sites to see if they're any significant differences.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• WeissWeiss Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that you question it and have asked on this forum should be a lesson to anyone buying bullion.

If you're buying physical gold or silver for any reason other than art bar collecting (and even that should probably be included), buy something you trust. Because if you don't know it well enough to trust it, there is no reason to believe the next guy is going to.

And if you're buying PMs for a SHTF scenario, trust and familiarity with your PM purchases should be the most important factor in your decisions. Stop and think before you put your hard earned money which you've earmarked specifically for your financial protection into anything other than the very highest tier products.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    I think the lesson is... ask before u buy....

Or never buy unless u know...
    keceph `anah