Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA 9 1965 Topps Namath Rookie Sold

Comments

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice card but 9 centering? Especially for 60k.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice card but 9 centering? Especially for 60k. >>

For that release, and especially that card, that centering is pretty darn sweet in my opinion.

Congrats to Rick @ Mint State and the proud new owner!

Snorto~
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA 8 Namath

This card happened to catch my eye and the price has moved up very quickly for the first day of bidding.

A quick look and I see a familiar ID.

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Dpeck100
    PSA 8 Namath

This card happened to catch my eye and the price has moved up very quickly for the first day of bidding.

A quick look and I see a familiar ID.

Nice catch. Let's keep on eye on this one and see if he pulls that stunt again.
    Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    He is on the Walter Payton too.

• Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    just because this one is so widespread and prevalent, can't someone let brent know or has someone during the 52 mantle? he is out of control
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: elsnorto
    Nice card but 9 centering? Especially for 60k.

For that release, and especially that card, that centering is pretty darn sweet in my opinion.

Congrats to Rick @ Mint State and the proud new owner!

Snorto~

+1 Great looking card
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: seebelow
    just because this one is so widespread and prevalent, can't someone let brent know or has someone during the 52 mantle? he is out of control

Any bid retractions by the "masked bidder" yet? Someone needs to let Brent know or people will shy away from his auctions. Too coincidental for the same bidder to be goosing bids up.

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    just outta curiosity, has he retracted on any bids placed w/ pwcc? if he has/had i would hope to think brent would have a zero tolerance on this and block him immediately.

and/or is there any way to tell the exact auctions he has retracted on? i think dpeck found one perhaps...

i'd like to know if they were real auctions he retracted on or crap ebay listings simply to warrant all the raised eyebrows....

lemme know if any of the columbo's come up w/ anything.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: begsu1013
    just outta curiosity, has he retracted on any bids placed w/ pwcc? if he has/had i would hope to think brent would have a zero tolerance on this and block him immediately.

and/or is there any way to tell the exact auctions he has retracted on? i think dpeck found one perhaps...

i'd like to know if they were real auctions he retracted on or crap ebay listings simply to warrant all the raised eyebrows....

lemme know if any of the columbo's come up w/ anything.

Great question. Which leads to.....should PWCC block bidders with +5 retractions, but none on PWCC auctions? or...should PWCC only block bidders who retract on their auctions? What are we asking PWCC to do here?

P.S. The high bidder on the Nammath has a higher percentage of retractions than -***o.

Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    great one day, dumb the other...and par for the week!!

(all in fun, sdub)

i got the answers via pm, but outta respect for that member wont post publicly. if ya don't get one in a few, lemme know. i will fwd ya removing the personal names/cu member info.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by: begsu1013
    great one day, dumb the other...and par for the week!!

(all in fun, sdub)

i got the answers via pm, but outta respect for that member wont post publicly. if ya don't get one in a few, lemme know. i will fwd ya removing the personal names/cu member info.

I call em like a I see um. Just my opinions of course and ditto on the "all in fun". it was a billy madison reference that I'm sure you got.

Now...off to see my recording of the Warriors/Detroit game. They should charge extra to watch Curry do his magic.

Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    dberk12dberk12 Posts: 399 ✭✭
    If anyone is interested, someone questioned PWCC on the Net54 forum regarding retracted bids in general and specifically the "masked bidder" that seems to repeatedly do this. Brent responded to several posts. I don't want to break any forum rules so I will leave it at that.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that we're into November and the crisp fall air is really settling in, be sure to dress your shilldren warmly since it is so shilly out there at the bus stop in the morning.

• Options
    wonder if it's the same guy that posted about bending those rules purposely to alter the stats and auction itself a few months ago?

i have gone back to look but it apparently has been edited away and have given up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mjohnatgt
    And the bidder who made those retractions actually posted in the threads on Net54 as well to say that he's above board and didn't realize that cancelling bids was against the rules.

I don't think the guy over at net 54 is -***o. He stated his retractions were a dispute with a seller. The retractions we have been discussing here are someone who is trolling for the high bid, then once they find it, they retract their bids, thus finding the underbidders max bid and leaving the underbidder stuck with the win.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    Different guy.

He won this card and paid for it.

Baker

• Options
    Originally posted by: Dpeck100
    Different guy.

He won this card and paid for it.

Baker

Right. The guy at net54 is g***c. However he does have 18 retractions in 6 months. Curious to hear his story on that.

Still would like to hear from this board on whether PWCC should simply ban bidders with retractions (unlikely) or ban bidders with retractions on PWCC auctions (current policy), or ban bidders with certain types of retractions (the trolling for max bid retractor), the latter being the most difficult to determine.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.