Home Precious Metals

Why equities will not crash anytime soon

derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That does it me then. If ZH is throwing in the towel, im buying SPX puts. Seriously.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That does it me then. If ZH is throwing in the towel, im buying SPX puts. Seriously. >>

ZH doesn't do towels, they do what your CNBC will not do. ZH is showing you that markets are being played by the same people that have the power to control their price direction via "policy." But, you already knew this. What you should be watching for is the central banks to go short. What one would give to be taking their orders!

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭
    Maybe the CBs control the market's 1000 weekly point swings downward to get the public used to them. Right now the market quickly regains those 1000 point losses.

Is this by design by the FED?

Can the FED orchestrate a controlled collapse of the stock market?
    For the record, I am not a fan of cnbc. My mass media business program if choice is bloomberg. However my information gathering network is comprised of nearly 100 independent sources, many of which are "boots on the ground".
    I like the research ZH does but feel most often that they purposely misinterpret information to propagate an agenda, possibly to an extent greater than CNBC.

• ranshdowranshdow Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't this make sense to you? They're attempting to unwind the mother of all liquidity injections, which could very quickly turn from disinflationary to deflationary, and that would be unacceptable. It makes perfect sense that there would be interest in supporting any market heretofore fed by free-money (or nearly free) carry.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe the CBs control the market's 1000 weekly point swings downward to get the public used to them. Right now the market quickly regains those 1000 point losses.

Is this by design by the FED?

Can the FED orchestrate a controlled collapse of the stock market? >>

A controlled collapse? Not even The Fed is so bold to think they could do that. A collapse? Of course they could easily orchestrate that but obviously will not. When they saw the effects of QE and year after year of ZIRP, they found their porridge. They know that can't last forever and with the markets on a 6 year bender it's a tough spot. Every corporation in America knows this and their cash hoarding may come in handy in the near future.

P.S. CBs buying equities is not really new news. It's been rumored for years and should come as little surprise if we look back at what happened in 2009.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    No news here. We have turned out country over to those that have no regard for the laws of economics. The laws cannot ever be broken and will of course end up like the housing debacle.

• s4nys4ny Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That does it me then. If ZH is throwing in the towel, im buying SPX puts. Seriously. >>

For many reasons, the sentence above might be the best advice on any of these message boards.

<< <i>

For many reasons, the sentence above might be the best advice on any of these message boards. >>

Great call Zerohedge. LMAO!!!!