Home PSA Set Registry Forum

"The Composite Definition Was Changed"

I just got a bump-up in one of my registry sets.
When I go to the "My Registry" page it tells me
that the composite definition was changed.

I understand what that means, but I can't
find out exactly what was changed. From
what to what?

Is there some easy way to find this out and
I'm just not seeing it?

John

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

Comments

• I find when I get a set removed some set moves up. So nothing really changed. May be other reasons...that is what I notice for me.
    I.e my set was number 10 then gets removed...everyone below me moves up one slot
  • MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I find when I get a set removed some set moves up. So nothing really changed. May be other reasons...that is what I notice for me.
    I.e my set was number 10 then gets removed...everyone below me moves up one slot >>

-----

Yeah, what you said happens a lot and I can
    easily understand that scenario. On the
    "My Registry" page it will say something like...

"ashabby published his set The Ashabby Collection and went from rank 15 to rank 24"

Those are fairly straight forward and it's easy
    to understand what happened.

What I'm talking about is the composite
    definition has been changed, which means
    that they added a card to the set, or took
    one away, or changed the weight given
    to a particular card.

The weight change is what I think happened
    to my set, but I don't know which one was
    changed, or if more than one was changed,
    or if the weight was lowered, or raised.

That is what I was asking, to see if there
    is a place where the details of a change
    could be found.

John

~

"America suffers today from too much pluribus and not enough unum.".....Arthur Schlesinger Jr.

• I would ask psa. But the other one I noticed was when they added the new hof people. When you went to the set list it had new next to those people for a long while. Good luck.
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes when "The Composite Definition Was Changed" I am pretty sure that also includes when PSA makes a revision to the weight of a particular card within the set. Those changes are a lot more subtle and more difficult to track than when they add or remove items, but it affects your set's score whether you have the card or not.

• FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say you have a master set registry going. Someone adds an obscure card not previously in the registry. The composite definition changes for all registry sets at that point. That could be what's happening with your set.

<< <i>Say you have a master set registry going. Someone adds an obscure card not previously in the registry. The composite definition changes for all registry sets at that point. That could be what's happening with your set. >>

Very true, but unless you are the one who added the card as a new part of the composition (which I often do to master sets), your set grade will bump down, not up as is what happened to the OP. So, besides the obvious traditional method of simply adding new items to your set that are existing parts of the composition, there are a few other ways to bump up:

1) an item is removed from the composition that you didn't have but someone ahead of you did;
    2) you add a new item to the composition that no one else has yet;
    3) PSA changes the weight of an item, either an increase in one you own or a decrease in one you don't own;
    4) someone ahead of you removes a card from their set due to sale or similar;
    5) someone ahead of you removes or retires their set.

The ways you bump down are basically the inverse of the 5 things above.

• Would be nice if they changed the value of a card to a particular set or added a card they would put a "Changed" or "New" or "Added" next to the item on the checklist...so we could figure out what had changed.

<< <i>Would be nice if they changed the value of a card to a particular set or added a card they would put a "Changed" or "New" or "Added" next to the item on the checklist...so we could figure out what had changed. >>

They do put "New" next to the new additions to the composite but that only lasts a few days, not sure exactly how long it is. I haven't noticed any notation that highlights which existing card may have had its relative weight revised though, and that would be nice.
  • MisterBungleMisterBungle Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the input everyone.

This happened to a pack registry set of mine, which
    is only 50% complete.

In the set that was affected, I'm pretty sure that
    the weight was changed (lowered) for a pack that
    I don't have in my set, but others do, which had the
    effect of bumping me up a slot. Only thing is, I didn't
    know what all the weights were before, and PSA
    didn't make any notation about which one was
    changed.

That's what my original question was, and I think
    I have the answer. The only way to tell is to call
    PSA. It isn't important enough to do that. I just
    thought there was some way I wasn't seeing,
    that you could find that information on the site.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

John

~

• halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    At the set, the View Set Composition link will tell you what has changed -- at least it does when new items are added.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards