Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this a normal situation?

I purchased some 1959 Topps PSA graded cards that I have a concern with. Do these cards normally shift in their PSA graded holder when the holder is tilted both top/bottom and left/right? I was thinking they should be secured when they are encased. I have several other PSA graded vintage cards from the 1950's and I am not seeing this same scenario with them. I can not believe these cards have been trimmed and then graded (NQ) by PSA. Are the '59s a smaller card than other years so they don't quite fit real tight? Please share your comments. Thanks.

Jim

Comments

• Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    The new PSA cases are different than older ones. Just measure or compare with a raw card
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    The newer PSA holders appear to be more customized than the older PSA holders.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I don't think any card is perfectly tight in a holder, unless they are a card that PSA normally puts into a plastic sleeve before encasing them. Cards all have some space in the holder to move around.
  • Options
    I've never been completely comfortable with the PSA holders, but on lower graded cards it's not that big of a concern. I don't know if I would feel that way if I had a PSA 10 though. I would think that 1 good drop would ruin that 10.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think any card is perfectly tight in a holder, unless they are a card that PSA normally puts into a plastic sleeve before encasing them. Cards all have some space in the holder to move around. >>

+1
    Pretty much my experience as well, except in rare instances.