Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grading question

What would a card that has a small pin hole in it grade if sent in to PSA?

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I have read it is a 1.

Won't take long to find the answer on this board!

• Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    That is what I was thinking it would be but was curious.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    PSA PR 1.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    how does PSA handle cards that have been trimmed? Will they label them Auth?
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>how does PSA handle cards that have been trimmed? Will they label them Auth? >>

I physically saw one today that was slabbed as 'ALTERED' on the left hand side of the label.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>how does PSA handle cards that have been trimmed? Will they label them Auth? >>

I physically saw one today that was slabbed as 'ALTERED' on the left hand side of the label. >>

hm,
    wonder what was done to it?
  • Options
    Here is a recent thread that was created about this very topic.

PSA PR 1 (Pinhole) 1959 Topps Mickey Mantle
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

UNGRADEABLE CARDS:
    PSA will not grade cards that bear evidence of trimming, re-coloring, restoration, or any other forms of tampering, or are of questionable authenticity. In addition, PSA does not grade autographed cards dated earlier than 1998 or any cards manufactured by Star except Star Baseball and 1996 Star Topps (reprint) Basketball Cards; only factory imprint signatures can be graded.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are loads of cards on EBAY that have been graded AUTH Trimmed.

Have they changed their standards?

• Options

<< <i>There are loads of cards on EBAY that have been graded AUTH Trimmed.

Have they changed their standards? >>

I was looking at this card on eBay yesterday. It appears that PSA no longer places trimmed cards into holders. Either that, or this particular seller simply removed the card from a holder, and is selling it raw.

PSA (Trimmed) 1951 Bowman Whitey Ford RC
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA doesn't seem to have hard and fast rules on the grading of altered cards.

Seems to me they will slab a card altered with or without notations such as "trimmed" or "recolored etc.

I have two cards slabbed that are "authentic" "altered". One is a Killebrew rookie that simply says "altered" the other is a 1968 Plaks Checklist that is labeled "altered" and also says "trimmed". Both of these cards (especially the Plaks checklist) are rather uncommon. The rookie card looks like a 9.

PSA has returned several cards to me ungraded that I bought that were authentic but were not slabbed.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set